ADVERTISEMENT

Some notes on Ryan Young's commitment and what's next

lou v

Aug 27, 2004
So, NU got its big man in 6-foot-10 Ryan Young from Bethlehem (Pa.) Catholic. He took an official visit to NU, and then to Maryland the very next day, so this is a big recruiting win for Coach Collins & Co. And I would be remiss if I didn't mention the efforts of 2018 PG commit Jordan Lathon, who started texting him when Young was on his official, and then talked to him while he was at Maryland.

What does this mean moving forward? It looks like it's going to come down to Saddiq Bey or Miller Kopp for that last spot. Kopp has his official on Sept. 15 and Bey will have his on Sept. 22 (he hasn't announced it yet, but that's what a source tells me). So it looks like Kopp will get the first crack at it. They are different players, but they are both wings and NU will be happy with either.

THT is still in the picture, of course, but it seems like NU regards him as a long shot now. I think the combination of Coach Baldwin leaving and getting offers from Kansas and Michigan State left NU on the outside looking in. You never say never, but I think his ship has sailed.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News