ADVERTISEMENT

Somebody in the know -- what has happened to our softball program?

olshin

Oct 6, 2001
From a national title appearance a few years ago to where we are now ... what happened?

Is it as simple as bad decisions on pitchers?

Some of the stars of that team are difficult to replace. If I remember right, Tammy Williams was the Sherrick McManis of NU softball. I remember reading that she was unheralded coming out of HS.

Eileen Canney's worst ERA was 2.28 as a frosh--and she was Freshman of the Year.

Did Emily Allard get hurt in the opener? She is the team's best player and she only appeared in the first game this past weekend. Maybe the basketball injury curse has extended to the softball program.

Originally posted by shakes3858:
Didn't we bring in some crazy highly rated pitcher a couple years ago?
Yes and I'm sure she's doing her best. Things just haven't gone well in the circle.

Maybe we just forgot what weekend the season started! Last two weekends have looked much better, save for a fluke loss to Georgia. Could have gotten revenge against them except for game getting called b/c flight was leaving.

Still, the pitching is scary inconsistent.

olshin,

We did NOT lose to Georgia. The game was cancelled in the 5th with NU ahead. Also, we beat 4th ranked and previously undefeated Tennessee.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT