ADVERTISEMENT

Sour grapes…

Hans

May 29, 2001

This dude complains that it’s unfair that regular college kids are playing agains grown ups. Boo is 23 how old is Langborg?

I suppose it’s a fair point with the way hoops is headed…

This dude complains that it’s unfair that regular college kids are playing agains grown ups. Boo is 23 how old is Langborg?

What’s that kid Edey going to do next year? Sit out and forego the adult NBA? And how old is there superstar?

People on the Purdue site were saying Smith is one of the best point guards in the country.

6 turnovers. I don't see Boo, Kolek, etc making those kind of mistakes. Maybe someday in the future, but not now.

Reactions: rmndcat
As I mentioned before the refs called so many fouls on our centers 1/2 of which were BS to appease the Purdue whiners. We manhandled the Canadian Condor last year and the Purdue pariahs this year. Purdue has 2 good players : Edey and Brandon Smith. The rest of there team is mediocre at best.

Reactions: Hungry Jack
He's a sophomore. If he keeps improving, he'll be a force on that team.

Looking at his performances so far this year, it seems he's averaging about 2 TOs to 7 assists, 5 rebounds, and 12 points a game. He's shooting about 46% from three and except for the Tennessee game, has been money from the FT line.

The Cats D was just more than he could handle.

Reactions: SmellyCat
People on the Purdue site were saying Smith is one of the best point guards in the country.

6 turnovers. I don't see Boo, Kolek, etc making those kind of mistakes. Maybe someday in the future, but not now.
I agree with your point, but I will say Smith was noticeably faster than anyone on the court, except perhaps Boo.

“Northwestern is not a particularly good team, they’re okay”

This guy is the worst. But he does generate content for Purdue basketball fans. Know your market and what not.

I agree with your point, but I will say Smith was noticeably faster than anyone on the court, except perhaps Boo.
Smith has great potential. He also adds to the Purdue look of “the guy a girl last sees before passing out at a frat party”.

He has a good assist to turnover ratio. But none of that matters if you don’t show up in the big moments.

As I mentioned before the refs called so many fouls on our centers 1/2 of which were BS to appease the Purdue whiners. We manhandled the Canadian Condor last year and the Purdue pariahs this year. Purdue has 2 good players : Edey and Brandon Smith. The rest of there team is mediocre at best.
Those two players are very good!

Reactions: drewjin

Someday in the past but not looking like some day in the future, You see Weber's comments?

has he ever watched byu? average age is 24+ and has been forever because of the two year mission post hs.

Reactions: drewjin
The game should never have gone into OT. We missed so many free throws down the stretch, what are the odds that 80% shooters like Langborg misses BOTH free throws, Buie missed one, Barney... But like I said on another thread, we tend to play down to the level of our competition, so Purdue should be thankful.

....at least the dude didn't blame it on the refs like last year.

....at least the dude didn't blame it on the refs like last year.
Of course when your own coach says the refs were "outstanding" like Painter said in the post-game presser, that shuts down that complaint.

The game should never have gone into OT. We missed so many free throws down the stretch, what are the odds that 80% shooters like Langborg misses BOTH free throws, Buie missed one, Barney... But like I said on another thread, we tend to play down to the level of our competition, so Purdue should be thankful.
I think fatigue has to be a factor in those moments

Reactions: DaCat
It always puzzles me that Purdue fans seem to think they are a top BB school in the Big Ten. They haven't been in a Final Four since 1980.

He was more or less echoing Painter’s analysis, and he caught Painter’s comment about needing more two-way players. But complaining that it’s kids playing adults is just whining. This is the college game today unless you’re pulling in 5-stars. The reality is that Fletch wasn’t a good defender even at the HS level, and he won’t be in college. Painter made a choice to keep Fletch out there and allow him to switch on to Boo.

I wasn’t sure what thread on which I should post this. I know this thread is about fans whining. But, I just watched Painter’s postgame press conference. As others have said, that guy is one class act. Purdue’s fans should listen to his reaction to the game before running their mouths.

It always puzzles me that Purdue fans seem to think they are a top BB school in the Big Ten. They haven't been in a Final Four since 1980.
Don't they have the most BIG titles in the past 20 years or something like that? They are a very good program. No need to denigrate them. We jut have their number. I understand all the coping mechanisms they are using right now.

Reactions: drewjin and rmndcat
Don't they have the most BIG titles in the past 20 years or something like that? They are a very good program. No need to denigrate them. We jut have their number. I understand all the coping mechanisms they are using right now.
Correct, ask me about my coping mechanisms against losses to PSU over the last 2 decades

I rooted hard for Fairleigh Dickinson and look forward to rooting against the double-digit seed they get next year.

Reactions: catfans5
I agree. He also had the quietest almost-triple-double I’ve ever seen.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT