ADVERTISEMENT

Sparty boots 4 from team.

Purple Pile Driver

Gold Member
May 14, 2014
Anywhere but the Rant Board
Could be wrong but didn't he have an NU offer?

No, we didn't offer any of the 4, despite them being 4 star Midwest kids. We have had our blips on the radar, but the overall character of our recruits seem to be exceptional. Can't remember any recent multi player shenanigans that we have seen where a band of knuckleheads get together to do something really stupid. You have to wonder if We are lucky or if all the work Fitz and staff tout about researching NU's recruits background is the difference. I happen to think it the staff's diligence in weeding out potential bozo's.

Just in the last year we've had the disgusting Minny debacle, the Fighting Lovie's toy gun robbery and now this incident which appears to set the bar for B1G buffoonery. Thank God these boards aren't littered with this type of garbage!

No, we didn't offer any of the 4, despite them being 4 star Midwest kids. We have had our blips on the radar, but the overall character of our recruits seem to be exceptional. Can't remember any recent multi player shenanigans that we have seen where a band of knuckleheads get together to do something really stupid. You have to wonder if We are lucky or if all the work Fitz and staff tout about researching NU's recruits background is the difference. I happen to think it the staff's diligence in weeding out potential bozo's.

Just in the last year we've had the disgusting Minny debacle, the Fighting Lovie's toy gun robbery and now this incident which appears to set the bar for B1G buffoonery. Thank God these boards aren't littered with this type of garbage!

To be fair, I don't compare the Illini situation with MSU's. And in fact, under Fitz, we have had at least one gun-toting student and another one who shot things with... what was it? A BB gun?

Anyway, let's not be holier than thou.

To be fair, I don't compare the Illini situation with MSU's. And in fact, under Fitz, we have had at least one gun-toting student and another one who shot things with... what was it? A BB gun?

Anyway, let's not be holier than thou.

Who is being holier than thou? The point I was trying to make is from group mentality perspective we don't seem to have many incidents where 3-4 guys get together and do stupid things! We have had our share of individual contributors, but it doesn't seem persuasive as a culture.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT