ADVERTISEMENT

Spencer

Secho99

Gold Member
Dec 12, 2001
Pat Spencer has reportedly signed a 2-way contract with the Warriors. He has been playing for their G league team and likely will continue to, but this comes with a raise and allows him to easily be moved to the Warriors’ active roster. Would be wild if he actually played in an NBA game.

Pat Spencer has reportedly signed a 2-way contract with the Warriors. He has been playing for their G league team and likely will continue to, but this comes with a raise and allows him to easily be moved to the Warriors’ active roster. Would be wild if he actually played in an NBA game.
Go New England Patriots GIF by Bare Tree Media

Go Pat S!

He was a great lacrosse player but always loved BB more. In one year at NU, you could see his passion for the game and realized there was a lot of potential to improve . Evidently that has occurred. He could always get to the basket and I assume his outside shot has improved.

He was a great lacrosse player but always loved BB more. In one year at NU, you could see his passion for the game and realized there was a lot of potential to improve . Evidently that has occurred. He could always get to the basket and I assume his outside shot has improved.
Agreed. In an interview from last year, he said he stunk when he played at NU. I disagree but I understand his point. I think his outside shot and quickness have improved a lot.

His brother is doing ok for himself as well. 2nd leading scorer on the number 1 team in the country. They have two 5th year guards leading the team. I think if Audige came back and we still got Langborg, we could have been a top 10 team. There are no dominant teams.

Reactions: CoralSpringsCat
Credit to Tavaras for making the recommendation/affirmation.

That was absolutely the worst team of Collins’ tenure - trying to make Nance and Kopp lead dogs as sophs, Boo as over-aggressive puppy dog, freshman Young the only center on the roster, AJ Turner continuing to be not that good but at least no longer the point guard.

This was the team that lost to Merrimack and Radford. They beat Nebraska twice and Penn State once, and their BTT loss before Covid shut down the world is apparently lost to history.

Spencer was so out of practice he couldn’t shoot. He was too loose with ball. But, geez, everyone could learn from how g-d hard he went. 3rd on the team in boards.

Life’s just crazy. So many things had to go right for this to happen. Tavaras had to know Collins. NU had to have a black hole at point. Collins had to be just crazy enough to throw the lacrosse player into the lineup.

And, of course, credit to Pat for believing in himself and putting in the work. He’s discovered the ballplayer he can be. He’s still a little loose with the ball, but he’s also a great rebounder and he can shoot now.

Just incredible.

The NBA minimum salary is $1.1 million.

Last edited:
One of my brother's best friends is maybe the best high school tennis player my state has ever seen. As far as I can remember, he did not play any other organized sports, but I played in pickup basketball and football games with him, and he was just so clearly the best athlete there. Some guys are just incredible athletes and could excel at any sport. It boggles my mind that Spencer could dedicate his life to lacrosse so much that he was the best player in the country and then could just decide he could play basketball in the Big 10 (and eventually the NBA) and be able to do it. Sometimes you just have to marvel at how good of an athlete these guys are.

Last edited:
I seem to recall when he was headed to NU there was discussion about him excelling in basketball in high school and before, along with being a gym rat in college.

He definitely has a big body for most sports, but the thing that I always saw was his drive and killer instinct. He's one of those cats you know is going to be successful at whatever sparks his interest because he brings everything he has to bear on whatever it is.

Reactions: No Chores

Congrats to Pat on his first career points! Man, I wish I could say I saw this coming...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT