ADVERTISEMENT

Staff predictions: NU vs. Purdue

You won’t believe this, but @mikefitz77 did it again.

Wow Lou. What’s the deal with this kid? Forget about predicting another loss. What part of what he has seen from our defense so far this year, in particular our defensive backfield, makes him think that our defense will give up 37 points to Purdue?

Wow Lou. What’s the deal with this kid? Forget about predicting another loss. What part of what he has seen from our defense so far this year, in particular our defensive backfield, makes him think that our defense will give up 37 points to Purdue?

I respect you guys team and if I ran espn predictor it would be 50-50 for this game

But if Purdue has Rondale Moore and King Doerue they will Be able to score 37 on some really good teams.

Right now, opposing defenses are practically ignoring Amad Anderson and he still isn’t doing anything because he’s not a slot guy. He barely has okay speed on the outside.

Teams are also just giving horvath whatever they can to cover Bell, Wright and Durham. If a team was to defend Doerue the way they have horvath, with the same blocking, there would have already been a lot of 30 yard runs. I’ve seen Doerue actually get a hole a couple times. No comparison in explosiveness with horvath

The other side of the coin though is that I think that NU really makes you do everything correctly and work the clock to get receptions, so I could just as easily picture a boiler stink bomb

Let’s take it away from this game and go to ... Nebraska. There’s a team that Purdue might get 50 on ...

I respect you guys team and if I ran espn predictor it would be 50-50 for this game

But if Purdue has Rondale Moore and King Doerue they will Be able to score 37 on some really good teams.

Right now, opposing defenses are practically ignoring Amad Anderson and he still isn’t doing anything because he’s not a slot guy. He barely has okay speed on the outside.

Teams are also just giving horvath whatever they can to cover Bell, Wright and Durham. If a team was to defend Doerue the way they have horvath, with the same blocking, there would have already been a lot of 30 yard runs. I’ve seen Doerue actually get a hole a couple times. No comparison in explosiveness with horvath

The other side of the coin though is that I think that NU really makes you do everything correctly and work the clock to get receptions, so I could just as easily picture a boiler stink bomb

Let’s take it away from this game and go to ... Nebraska. There’s a team that Purdue might get 50 on ...

Maybe you are right but there’s a difference between acknowledging there is a possibility of that happening and predicting it will happen. From a NU sports writer nonetheless.

I have no dog in the fight, but I'm just stopping by to wish you guys good luck. I will say this, Iowa has played both Purdue and Northwestern, and I would say from watching both games Northwestern has the better all-around team. If the cats play solid they should win the game.

Reactions: zbag51
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT