ADVERTISEMENT

Steve Tasker

I'm living in Hamilton now so if you have any Ti-Cat related questions I will be happy to answer ... until September when four down football returns.

I moved in 2014 in time for the opening. I never went to a game when it was Ivor Wynne. The wind still whips through the stadium. The seating is spacious and from what I'm told the club seating is really nice. I think the atmosphere suffers in the way that it did when the Eagles moved from the Vet to Lincoln Financial, its a challenging to retain blue collar toughness in a nicer stadium.

I had some problems with the food service the first two times I went but was improved last week.

I moved in 2014 in time for the opening. I never went to a game when it was Ivor Wynne. The wind still whips through the stadium. The seating is spacious and from what I'm told the club seating is really nice. I think the atmosphere suffers in the way that it did when the Eagles moved from the Vet to Lincoln Financial, its a challenging to retain blue collar toughness in a nicer stadium.

I had some problems with the food service the first two times I went but was improved last week.

Saw Als-Ti-Cats the last season of Ivor Wynne. No frills. The numbers on the bench seats (which were most of the seats) were literally hand painted. As in free hand. Like a second grade art class was requisitioned. Basically a steel girder structure that emptied straight out into a working class neighborhood. Working class crowd, but still- with the Canadian-tinged control.

The Vet, on the other hand was a zoo. And pretty much always was, long before the celebrated court room in situ. (More manageable for Phils ' game. But still, I remembered a lot of out of town fans leaving shell shocked. It ain't Kansas City, Atlanta or St. Louis) Old Chicago Stadium was a bit of a jerk menagerie, as well.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT