ADVERTISEMENT

Straus/Barkley

IGNORE2

Mar 12, 2005
Anyone know what their status would be? If I injured, both have had a half season to bulk and practice. Even if for just a few minutes, it would be nice to have a schollie player and not a walk-in pick up 5 minutes a game. And help them for next year. So….what gives?

No idea. But Smith was on the team last year as well, so while he may be a walk-on, it's possible he is much better at the team's defensive play than newcomers that may not have been able to practice much.

Not sure about Barkley. Strauss is always in a different sweatshirt, so maybe he is hurt.

Hopefully, Mullins get pissed that Clayton/Smith got the minute last game and was a beast at practice. Needs to stop thinking and just play Seems so gifted

Anyone know what their status would be? If I injured, both have had a half season to bulk and practice. Even if for just a few minutes, it would be nice to have a schollie player and not a walk-in pick up 5 minutes a game. And help them for next year. So….what gives?
Both are on pace to redshirt. They've expanded the football window to appearing in four games as a freshman and still keeping a redshirt, but it is still one and done for basketball unless injured.

They will not play this season unless there is an absolute emergency situation.

Both are on pace to redshirt. They've expanded the football window to appearing in four games as a freshman and still keeping a redshirt, but it is still one and done for basketball unless injured.

They will not play this season unless there is an absolute emergency situation.
Like if a starting player and major contributor went down for the season on a potentially historic (back to back dances) season? Isn’t that how Pardon found the floor?

Reactions: drewjin
Right, but I think Clayton is in the role you're describing.
Didn’t Olah have a backup before his season ended prematurely? Pretty sure Clayton hasn’t shown to be pardon equivalent - with decent sample size.

If those two are injured, then they are out. My bigger fear is that one or both has said they plan to leave (discontent w PT) and have been relegated to the bench. If so, seems like a chance to re-recruit them through some PT and a burnt shirt. I assume they are be used in practice and would be therefore in shape.

Also not talking about starting - but in place of walk-on during real minutes.

When the Boo, Ty, etc class came jn was not as many expectations and they got to play through a lot of issues.

If Mullins came jn and did what he was expected to do, probably would not have been as much time for the freshmen, would have been 9 upper classmen NU could depend. He should have a 10 -12 minute a game player..

Clayton got pulled a bunch for every mistake and was/is a little gun shy. Plus he started the season with that big brace on his knee, so he must have missed some time just before the season started.

With Hungers offensive skill. He should be able to provide 8 poi ts and a couple of boards a game. He should be able to drive past his man or use post moves, but not getting as much there. He gets pulled sometime as well.

Strauss was supposed to be the shooter, but he seems to be injured.

Hopefully, Collins and staff can coach these guys up to finish the season strong. They all have skill, just have to get it out of them.

Reactions: No Chores
Hey @PurpleWhiteBoy , you seem to have some informal connection to the program. What’s the inside scoop on Straus and Barkley?
I have no info on those 2 guys at all...
My daughter is a senior... in a sorority...
You know how that works - different classes, different social circles.

She is also acquainted with a person who knows what is going on with the team.
Sometimes that person likes to tell stories, but mainly about former players...

From what I can tell, Strauss is injured.

I have no info on those 2 guys at all...
My daughter is a senior... in a sorority...
You know how that works - different classes, different social circles.

She is also acquainted with a person who knows what is going on with the team.
Sometimes that person likes to tell stories, but mainly about former players...

From what I can tell, Strauss is injured.
How’s my +/- looking? Got space for MSU, weather permitting!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT