ADVERTISEMENT

Tale of the Tape: Orange Krush vs. Wildside

Not much else to do in Champaign on a Thursday night in February (unless Drive By Truckers are in town)
As opposed to Evanston…? JFC dude lol. I drove up to Evanston from Chicago to meet my cousin for lunch last summer, and you’re delusional.

You know what there is to do in either town in February? Go out to eat. Both are perfectly fine little towns, but it’s the Midwest.

Even if I agreed Evanston was a paradise that wasn’t a super annoying and long drive to anything fun in the City and Champaign was a wasteland, it’s lame to disparage a loyal and good fan base based on where they’re located. Such a Miami sports fan move, lol.

Last edited:
As opposed to Evanston…? JFC dude lol. I drove up to Evanston from Chicago to meet my cousin for lunch last summer, and you’re delusional.

You know what there is to do in either town in February? Go out to eat. Both are perfectly fine little towns, but it’s the Midwest.

Even if I agreed Evanston was a paradise that wasn’t a super annoying and long drive to anything fun in the City and Champaign was a wasteland, it’s lame to disparage a loyal and good fan base based on where they’re located. Such a Miami sports fan move, lol.
LOL. You be triggered.

@Hungry Jack clearly unaware of the Menards tenderloin buying scene in Champaign
I attended both universities, Illinois (the school) is more fun with much more to do for students vs NU. Evanston (the city) is an average Big ten university city and for fun we made the 30 minute ride to Chicago.

Really depends on what you are looking for. While getting my MBA Kellogg/NU made sense. However, for undergrad Illinois is a no brainer when it comes to things to do.

I attended both universities, Illinois (the school) is more fun with much more to do for students vs NU. Evanston (the city) is an average Big ten university city and for fun we made the 30 minute ride to Chicago.

Really depends on what you are looking for. While getting my MBA Kellogg/NU made sense. However, for undergrad Illinois is a no brainer when it comes to things to do.
Evanston is, for me, a phenomenal town. It is not an average B1G city. It’s much better. But it’s not a fun young-person town. The townies would never allow that.

I am 100% sure you will find a better college party scene at IL. Good chance NU is the worst in the B1G for that.

Not that I can claim to have experienced living in Champaign. But I am pretty confident the fun superiority for IL students does not come from the town but from the college itself.

Greetings from a fellow Kellogg alum.

Reactions: drewjin
I lived in Evanston for a few years and loved pretty much everything about it. And having the city a quick L ride away is just a bonus. No comment on Champaign, I've only ever visited.

Reactions: PurpWildCatNation

When I was at NU, on Friday nights we’d head down to a disco in Chicago, (yeah, disco, it was the late seventies) and close the place around 4:00 in the morning. My girlfriend and I would watch the sun rise from the El platform waiting to transfer at Howard. Then, I’d go to work as a musician at Great America.

I didn’t feel cheated from a social life perspective.

Greetings from another Kellogg alum.

Mayfest, Dillo Day, WaMu, Biddy Mulligans, PM Club, taking coeds on my scooter up to Elder Park, Kingston Mines, The Wild Hare, breaking into the water pump house, going to the beach, Fiji Island, sex in the library, the rugby formal, The food fight, roller blading through Tech, Mothers….yeah campus life was boring

Reactions: Zootcat
I'll take Evanston/Chitown over partying in Champaign any day of the week. I also have several family members who still live in Evanston and downtown Chi so I used to make the trip back and forth all the time... was always a million things to do.

Mayfest, Dillo Day, WaMu, Biddy Mulligans, PM Club, taking coeds on my scooter up to Elder Park, Kingston Mines, The Wild Hare, breaking into the water pump house, going to the beach, Fiji Island, sex in the library, the rugby formal, The food fight, roller blading through Tech, Mothers….yeah campus life was boring
I had Tuesday nights like that myself.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT