ADVERTISEMENT

Talked to Jacob Sykes

lou v

Aug 27, 2004
I think this kid will wind up a Wildcat...which isn't saying that much, I guess, because NU is his only current offer. He's also getting interest from Ivies, as well as Rice and "a little bit" from Notre Dame.

This is a smart kid, very well spoken. Sykes has a 4.3 GPA. He scored a 34 "unofficially" on the ACT as a freshman, but then he took it officially after playing a football game and bombed--he "only" got a 28. His dad is an electrical engineer and his mom is a chemical engineer, so he wants to study engineering. Imagine that.

He roomed with Mark Gooden on his visit. He's being recruited as a DT. At Rockhurst -- alma mater of TJ Green, whom he calls "a good friend" -- he has played DE, DT, NG, G, T, TE, FB and slot WR (!) when he flexes out from FB. He had a couple catches, a couple carries and even a TD last season.

He's going to visit Harvard and Cornell next week. He's looking for high academics and has to decide between the Ivies or the Power Five. He told me that he was leaning toward the P5 because he wants to play high-level football. If so, I think NU will be his obvious choice.

I'll write the story tomorrow.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News