ADVERTISEMENT

FB RECRUITING Talked to WR Krystian Williams

lou v

Aug 27, 2004
I reached out to three-star Virginia WR Krystian Williams last night. This is a guy who raved about NU after getting an offer in February, and then again after visiting in early April. I wrote on The Rock that I thought this kid would probably wind up a Wildcat. The last time I traded DMs with him, on May 5, he told me he was talking to coaches about setting up an official visit.

So last night I was surprised to learn that he hadn't set up that official visit yet. He said they're still working on finding a date. Meanwhile, he's set one up to Rutgers on June 10-12. He said that Virginia Tech and Wake Forest are also candidates for an official visit.

He said that he is still in regular contact with NU and that the Cats are still high on his list, but the whole thing sort of struck me as odd. I mean...how hard can it be to schedule an OV if both parties want it to happen? He also said that they're not talking about June 3-5, but maybe another weekend. That could be a sign that NU has other priorities at the position because they are typically very intentional about that and try to get their top targets in first to give them first dibs on the slots. We'll see how things work out, but I'm not as warm-and-fuzzy as I was about him.

NU recruiting is going gangbusters right now, but I'm not sure what's going on at the wide receiver position. Other than Sean Williams and Ricky Ahumaraeze, I'm not sure who else is in the picture right now and if anyone is scheduled for an official. (Camp Magee is coming and we have him listed as a WR, but he's being recruited by NU as a TE.) My attempts to reach Williams and Ahumaraeze were unsuccessful.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News