ADVERTISEMENT

Temporary Facility / Stands at Lakeside Field

As per our other conversation, football + beer + sitting by the lake is basically my upper midwestern dream and I’ll put up with a whole hell of a lot of bullshit to enjoy those three things together. I’m a Minnesotan, my people buy $20,000 lake shacks, drag them out on frozen lakes, and sit out in the freezing cold just to catch a few fish and drink a few beers while they watch some NFL games on TV and relax. Standing in line for a couple hours is a piece of cake.

If they ever sold “Midwestern concentrate,” this post might be the cornerstone.

Is this the equivalent of having the BB team play in Patten gym instead of Allstate? Actually there might have been better results that year.
The student attendance would have been better at Patten vs All-State.

Likewise student attendance at Lakeside vs random Chicagoland stadium not named Wrigley

Reactions: Gatabowl
My definition of a very good bar is one where I can get a number of craft beers on tap. I'd be happy to meet you on game day and take you to one of those bars if games are played in Evanston. ;) I'll buy!
You should give one of Evanston's excellent tap rooms a try. Sketchbook is my favorite, but I can also happily drink at Temperance.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT