ADVERTISEMENT

Tewaaraton Award

LookGoodInPurple

Aug 26, 2004
They announced the 5 finalists for the Women's Tewaaraton Award today. No Wildcats on the list. I suppose that's not surprising as the other 5 are all very qualified. The way KAH is using Taylor Thornton this year, I suppose its not surprising she' not included. I think if she were a pure defender, she might have had a better chance (despite the fact that the Tewaaraton award, like the Heisman tends to favor offensive players). But truth is that Taylor did so many different things for the team this year, it was difficult to rack up the stats in any one category to get the vote.

Nonetheless, its a testament to this year's WLAX team that without any apparent Superstars, they still were able to capture the 2nd seed. Fitzgerald, Thornton, Macaluso, Flibotte, Leonard, DeRonda, Harrington, Cassera, Rich, Conley, Dunbar... lots to love on this year's team.

This will prove to be a good motivator. There's nothing quite like any Wildcat team that can play with the "we get no respect" chip on its shoulder.

Purplicious,

You're right on the mark,and I think we're about where we want to be. 'Cats have a great shot to win it all. I didn't think so until the Florida win. Now I'm a believer once again!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT