ADVERTISEMENT

Thank you

"I hope they invite all the former players and coaches to come on the court at halftime so that we can express our appreciation to all of you."

I was just going to post the same exact suggestion, though I would include anyone involved with the program in a serious way (student trainers, managers, long time secretaries, etc.). They all pounded that rock.

If not that, then during one of the media timeouts the stadium announcer could simply ask "Wildcat fans, on this historic day, let's all stand and applaud in appreciation all former basketball players and coaches and team members who are here today to witness the final game...." etc. etc.

They could just stay in the stands and get a good round of applause and cheers.

I think the applause would last a very long time.

Thanks KC for all you did for us!
Yeah I mean I assume the NU marketing team isn't completely idiotic... if they organized a reunion of a bunch of players they are at least going to show them on the fancy screen they have now, right? I would think they'll do something pregame or one of the first timeouts. Possibly halftime but usually a lot of people are moving around to restroom / concessions then...

I'm not sure if it was Chris Collins or me but I knew we needed a boost to get out of the den and make the tournament that's why I came on board to shape this board up

I don't want to take all the credit! Sure, I expanded a great deal of energy, wisdom, and passion, to get us over the hump. Still, it was a team effort and I wouldn't have been able to get the Cats this far without help from Collins, the team, and the other fans on here ❤️

Reactions: NJCat
KC - thank you.

That win over MSU where you were hitting just about everything was one of the best performance by a 'Cat on the hardcourt.

You and Juice (who, being a local kid, paved the way for guys like Shurna and Crawford) really set the foundation for the upward trajectory of the program.

Just too bad that things didn't work out due to injuries and whatnot in what could have been a Tournament-bound team.

And hey, don't be a stranger (it would be cool if you would check in from time to time for the big games - such as, hopefully, the upcoming one later in the month).

Reactions: Pasadena Bound
The most important thing for any NU player....whether they play four years or one day in the NU uniform....is the sheep's skin.

Now, a sheep's skin does not automatically confer wisdom, maturity, compassion and other characteristics that are so important to a thoughtful, ethical society.

But I look at Mr. Coble's note and those traits are clearly present and foremost in his thinking. He's going to have a fine life and he should have no regrets about his NU career as it relates to sports. Not for a second.

And there was never a question that he'd be welcomed back, open-armed as a cherished member of the NU sports family. No different than anyone else who wears the purple.

Crap happens. That's what college is for. To figure stuff out. Some people don't. Mr. Coble clearly did.

Reactions: Pasadena Bound
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT