Dec 4, 2005
Your CFP playoff host sites are:
Atlanta (SEC / ACC country)
Glendale (PAC 12)
Miami (ACC/SEC)
Pasadena (PAC 12)
New Orleans (SEC/Big 12)
Arlington (Big 12 / SEC)

When this is renegotiated, the B1G should lobby hard for the Indiana Corn Bowl or the Motown Bowl to replace the Sugar Bowl (I think that's the oldest stadium when Atlanta gets its new facility next year).

To their credit, the Washington crowd seems to have come out strong today. But last night's game was definitely a FSU home game, as they always are.

Also, yes, I realize we're headed to 8 or 16 games and home sites by the time this is renegotiated, but I assume we'll maintain a similar structure for the final four.

No one wants to go to bad weather spots for championship games.
Championship games are bid separately. There are six sites that get a semifinal every three years. It seems that geographical equity makes sense - again, for a semifinal, not for a championship.

Championship games are bid separately. There are six sites that get a semifinal every three years. It seems that geographical equity makes sense - again, for a semifinal, not for a championship.

No one wants to go to bad weather places for semifinals, either.

Not as if people are going to make a vacation out of a semifinal game, they're going to want to get in and out of town as quickly as possible especially if they're hoping to go to the championship game. Domed stadiums in the Midwest make as much sense for this as domed/semi domed stadiums in Atlanta, NO, TX.

Not as if people are going to make a vacation out of a semifinal game, they're going to want to get in and out of town as quickly as possible especially if they're hoping to go to the championship game. Domed stadiums in the Midwest make as much sense for this as domed/semi domed stadiums in Atlanta, NO, TX.
Exactly and if not a playoff game, then why not a BTN sponsored bowl game hosted by the Big Ten, that's not in the final four, in Indianapolis, St. Louis or Detroit.

Dont forget about Minneapolis.. very cool very new indoor stadium and Superbowl site soon. I think any of these (Indy, Detroit) are potentially more fun urban and walkable locales for a big game than a place like Dallas or Phoenix. Yuck. New Orleans is a different story...I would definitely go there on short notice!

No one wants to go to bad weather spots for in season games, either. But they go where the games are. It would be nice for B1G fans to get to see their team play for a total cost of $200 per person rather than $1,000.

No one wants to go to bad weather spots for in season games, either. But they go where the games are. It would be nice for B1G fans to get to see their team play for a total cost of $200 per person rather than $1,000.
Hadn't thought of it that way, but the NYC trip was really cheap, (even W costly tix ;))

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT