ADVERTISEMENT

The big question: Will Chase Audige return to Northwestern?

Great details to set up his decision: "Compounding the matter is that Audige is working out for an NBA team at the club's facility tomorrow."

Sounds like he'd make his decision after that workout if he hasn't decided one way or another yet.

From a logical standpoint, while understanding things are not always logical, there is only one reason, in my mind, CA would not return: if he is really that tired of having to show up for class.

NIL money is, with a fair degree of certainty, better than overseas or if he made the G League money.

Overseas and G League game opportunities will still be there next year. With a good chance his profile is higher next year.

I don't believe he is that worried about the competition from Langborg/Mullins. I am less certain, but still don't think the rise of Barnhizer plays a (big) role. We've discussed "diminished role" but CA does not defer man. He takes his shots if he wants to take his shots.

So why did it take him this long to announce when Buie has been back for a while? Because the process is valuable for him. He's still working out, as we speak, in front of relevant eyeballs. I believe he's just milking it for what he can get out of it, and not so much hoping for a miracle.

Therefore my butt predicts that, today, he announces he will be wearing purple for one last dance.

Reactions: CoralSpringsCat
From a logical standpoint, while understanding things are not always logical, there is only one reason, in my mind, CA would not return: if he is really that tired of having to show up for class.

NIL money is, with a fair degree of certainty, better than overseas or if he made the G League money.

Overseas and G League game opportunities will still be there next year. With a good chance his profile is higher next year.

I don't believe he is that worried about the competition from Langborg/Mullins. I am less certain, but still don't think the rise of Barnhizer plays a (big) role. We've discussed "diminished role" but CA does not defer man. He takes his shots if he wants to take his shots.

So why did it take him this long to announce when Buie has been back for a while? Because the process is valuable for him. He's still working out, as we speak, in front of relevant eyeballs. I believe he's just milking it for what he can get out of it, and not so much hoping for a miracle.

Therefore my butt predicts that, today, he announces he will be wearing purple for one last dance.

Somebody wrote that he was working out for an NBA team today or maybe yesterday... It seems so unlikely that he'd get drafted, having not been invited to the combine or even the play-in G-League exhibitions, all I can think is that he is auditiining for a potential "undrafted free agent" spot to give him a chance.

Somebody wrote that he was working out for an NBA team today or maybe yesterday... It seems so unlikely that he'd get drafted, having not been invited to the combine or even the play-in G-League exhibitions, all I can think is that he is auditiining for a potential "undrafted free agent" spot to give him a chance.
That was me, in the story above. He's working out for the Hawks today.

That was me, in the story above. He's working out for the Hawks today.
Sorry Lou, I should have noted that.

I find the whole Audige thing to be a bit strange. Okay he works out for the Hawks. On the deadline date. Even if they absolutely love him and think they have the magic potion to help him tap that rare "white hot shooting" against better defenders, they aren't likely to "waste" a draft pick on him when they can just make some promises about signing him as an undrafted free agent. Its weird to think that his decision to return to NU could hang on something like that.

On the other hand, Chase was the 13th oldest college player who declared for the draft, out of 240+. If he plays another year at NU, he'll likely be one of the 5 oldest in next year's draft.

Nice analysis. I think this is spot on.

Deadline is midnight EST right? So we find out either way soon. Not too many big names left to announce.

Really wondering if the rumored NIL numbers are remotely accurate.

For those posting about "hope he gets drafted", my opinion is that you are all hallucinating.

Really wondering if the rumored NIL numbers are remotely accurate.

For those posting about "hope he gets drafted", my opinion is that you are all hallucinating.
Not sure it matters. Obviously athletes are different from regular students in terms of friendships and the support system and everything else, but for most there's a time where you're ready to move on...

For most regular students, it's hard to stay a 5th year if pretty much everyone you know graduates after 4.

I figured he would have announced with Boo if he was staying, so I've sort of been expecting him to leave.

Reactions: TheC
Particularly if you are paying tuition
Yeah for sure lol. That's the biggest difference by a ton of miles.

Still, even if it was on scholarship or one is making a living off NIL, just a totally different life to stay a 5th or 6th year when everyone else moves on...

I'm thrilled Boo is sticking around, but completely understand Chase's decision.

Reactions: Figrating
Disappointed because he was a star at NU and likely would have been an even bigger star with the developing team... and surely was NU's best option. All NU fans are sorry to lose him but respectful of what he's accomplished and his decision, and wish him well.

Now what? Maybe PWB or Louie Louie could put up a short list of candidates? Just spent a month in suspense and still in suspense...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT