ADVERTISEMENT

The Morning After: You know the good, here is the less than good

Mr Wickerpark

Dec 28, 2016
I didnt observe any bad or ugly but the "not so good" "needs work" is as follows.
1. KOR. Kid has a hard time catching the ball and needs work. Bring back Vault for a jolt.

2. WR. Big ben isnt Eric Decker for sure. I watched a few of his routes and he isnt fooling anyone. A cb should watch the hips but Bens head doesnt lie. We simply dont have anyone else. Is he bad? No but he wont be on any All Bigten list.

Otherwise, the ol gave thorson all kinds of time, our dbs looked great after adjustments. In fact, the coverage was phenomenal in the second half.

Nate Hall is our BEST player on D.

Our DL was just ok on pass rush.

our 3 man DL was awesome.

Cam Green is a beast.

I didnt observe any bad or ugly but the "not so good" "needs work" is as follows.
1. KOR. Kid has a hard time catching the ball and needs work. Bring back Vault for a jolt.

2. WR. Big ben isnt Eric Decker for sure. I watched a few of his routes and he isnt fooling anyone. A cb should watch the hips but Bens head doesnt lie. We simply dont have anyone else. Is he bad? No but he wont be on any All Bigten list.

Otherwise, the ol gave thorson all kinds of time, our dbs looked great after adjustments. In fact, the coverage was phenomenal in the second half.

Nate Hall is our BEST player on D.

Our DL was just ok on pass rush.

our 3 man DL was awesome.

Cam Green is a beast.

Thanks, Turk.

Not very often, no. LBs quick triggered after reading pass, but I think Hank was reticent to leaving the DBs exposed.
Thanks, your probably right. Still they will need to get some kind of rush , especially up the middle. Safety blitz?

Thanks, your probably right. Still they will need to get some kind of rush , especially up the middle. Safety blitz?

A
Lack of pass rush was not a problem last night. We harassed their QBs pretty much all night with our base 4. You can directly attribute two Ints to that pass rush. That’s what happens when you have a superior DL.

Whether it is Turk posting or not, this POV is 100% accurate. I would add the poor tackling and poor angles taken by LB's all night hurt. I dont think the DL got s much pressure as it appeared besides the sacks and pressures.

Safety blitz is about the last thing you should call if you’re worried about exposing a secondary.

Especially when you've got relative greenhorns at safety. We had a safety some years back at Shippensburg U. (wish I could recall his name offhand) that was terrific at timing it. He'd break about halfway through the snap count and have a full head of steam up when the ball was snapped. On several of them I saw him nail the QB before he'd barely stepped back from center. One of the most beautiful defensive plays in football when it works.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT