ADVERTISEMENT

The plot thickens: current player says whistleblower wanted Fitz fired, “in jail”

Yeah, nothing at stake here, cowboy.

You lost me.

We were talking about our fanbase actively pursuing and harassing Carl Richardson in retribution over his statements to lawyers and the press. Our fanbase won't do that.Its not so much that we are above that sort of thing as that it would not occur to us to put that much effort into an uttely meaningless act. There are fanbases that would find out his address and throw bricks through his windows. We just aren't one of them.

I agree that Evanston will use this (and anything else they can find) to delay the stadium which is a politically contentious issue. The two items have nothing to do with each other. Hence, my confusion.

You finish your statement by referring to me as 'cowboy' which I guess is meant to be a term of condescension. But it doesn't really work without the accompanying tonal inflection. Definitely does not translate well to the written word.

Altogether confusing with weak logic links.

Thank you, Catman. This is an incredibly sad day and I just needed to be around people who are hurting as much as I am.
Well, it's nice to have you back, Glide! Yes. A very dark day for many of us.

Reactions: Day381
You lost me.

We were talking about our fanbase actively pursuing and harassing Carl Richardson in retribution over his statements to lawyers and the press. Our fanbase won't do that.Its not so much that we are above that sort of thing as that it would not occur to us to put that much effort into an uttely meaningless act. There are fanbases that would find out his address and throw bricks through his windows. We just aren't one of them.

I agree that Evanston will use this (and anything else they can find) to delay the stadium which is a politically contentious issue. The two items have nothing to do with each other. Hence, my confusion.

You finish your statement by referring to me as 'cowboy' which I guess is meant to be a term of condescension. But it doesn't really work without the accompanying tonal inflection. Definitely does not translate well to the written word.

Altogether confusing with weak logic links.
No, It was about a current FB player still with the program that outed Richardson

Why is Fitz being fired the only endpoint here? If any of the alleged perpetrators are still on the team then they should be simultaneously suspended, right?
Wouldn't the story have to actually name specific players in order for any of them to be suspended?
With specific actions?
With significant corroborating evidence?

Wouldn't the story have to actually name specific players in order for any of them to be suspended?
With specific actions?
With significant corroborating evidence?
I am assuming the details (who, what, when) are in the report. If they aren’t, that’s a big oroblem

I am assuming the details (who, what, when) are in the report. If they aren’t, that’s a big oroblem
I don't think there are players named.
But the university is extremely careful with students and suspensions... so one guy naming names won't cut it unless others say the same thing.

I don't think there are players named.
But the university is extremely careful with students and suspensions... so one guy naming names won't cut it unless others say the same thing.
So they can fire the coach (who allegedly didn’t know these acts occurred) but the actual perpetrators face no consequences? That’s not going to cut it.

Reactions: NJCat
So they can fire the coach (who allegedly didn’t know these acts occurred) but the actual perpetrators face no consequences? That’s not going to cut it.
That's how scapegoats work.

main_0.jpg

Reactions: Hungry Jack
@mkilla Rittenberg received the photo. It’s not clear that the photo definitively came from the NU locker room.

The image seems to corroborate much of the reporting, and to provide color to the statements in the executive summary.

The photo does not, we should say, align with the statement made by The ENTIRE Northwestern Football Team. However, we don’t know who was involved in writing that statement nor who endorses it; the statement is essentially unsigned.
Given the fact's in the case being questionable can Fitz appeal this decision to a court?

Reactions: ashley0623
Given the fact's in the case being questionable can Fitz appeal this decision to a court?
The lawsuit from Fitz will be to recover as much of his contract and also damages. It will cost NU a lot of money, but he will no longer be our head coach.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT