ADVERTISEMENT

The Zack Attack continues!

lou v

Aug 27, 2004
Zack Oliver was invited to the Redskins rookie minicamp. Congrats to good OL' No. 10, who is probably better suited to an NFL offense than a spread offense.

NU also announced yesterday that Miles Shuler was invited to the Giants rookie minicamp.

So that means six Cats will get NFL shots: Lowry and Vitale were drafted, Henry and Gibson signed as UFAs, and now Oliver and Shuler will participate in minicamps.

I think this is utterly fantastic. A lot of people remember Zack's mistakes, but here is a guy who put in five years of practices, helping everyone else become a bit better. A guy like this should be able to live the dream. While the odds are probably against him, I wish him the best of luck at the Redskins' minicamp.

Reactions: Jonny2TheP
I think this is utterly fantastic. A lot of people remember Zack's mistakes, but here is a guy who put in five years of practices, helping everyone else become a bit better. A guy like this should be able to live the dream. While the odds are probably against him, I wish him the best of luck at the Redskins' minicamp.
He won a game as a backup! Who is the last backup to win a game at NU? (Kafka, v. Minnesota, maybe)

ZO is okay in my book.

He won a game as a backup! Who is the last backup to win a game at NU? (Kafka, v. Minnesota, maybe)

ZO is okay in my book.
Colter vs Nebraska or some other game during the Persa strong year. Siemian vs someone when Colter was the starter. I gotta think the Cal game definitely counts. Oliver vs Purdue? Siemian started that one and got hurt with a lead. I'm not sure what "counts" but there has to be some game in there that does.

Colter vs Nebraska or some other game during the Persa strong year. Siemian vs someone when Colter was the starter. I gotta think the Cal game definitely counts. Oliver vs Purdue? Siemian started that one and got hurt with a lead. I'm not sure what "counts" but there has to be some game in there that does.
BC for Colter? I thought I remember him starting against Kuechly when Persa was hurt to open the year, then lost to Army.

Oh, I guess there have been a ton. But ZO's was such a nice 'moment' for a guy who didn't get many chances. (Selective memory, clearly, or, perhaps, lack of memory.)

I hope he enjoys every moment of that mini-camp. There's a lot of players that would give (or have given) anything to do that and never had the chance...

I hope he enjoys every moment of that mini-camp. There's a lot of players that would give (or have given) anything to do that and never had the chance...

I always wished he had been given the chance to lead the team. I have heard that some guys play better than they practice and I wondered if he was one of those. He always seemed more fired up when he came in than the guys he replaced. Maybe he was just nervous.

Last edited:
Zack Oliver was invited to the Redskins rookie minicamp. Congrats to good OL' No. 10, who is probably better suited to an NFL offense than a spread offense.

NU also announced yesterday that Miles Shuler was invited to the Giants rookie minicamp.

So that means six Cats will get NFL shots: Lowry and Vitale were drafted, Henry and Gibson signed as UFAs, and now Oliver and Shuler will participate in minicamps.

What about Lock Down corner Van Hoose?

His parents came up for every game - that's every game regardless of whether he started or even played a single scrimmage. They must be thrilled.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT