ADVERTISEMENT

These Purple Hues as Captured in this Morning's Northern Lights Display have to be a Good Omen for Today's Game

Alaskawildkat

Gold Member
Dec 29, 2005
FOR THIS FRIDAY, AN ALASKA AURORA DISPLAY FROM EARLIER TODAY

Captured in the early hours of this October Friday, curtains of Northern Lights dance high in the sky above the roof of my home.
Watch as the multi colored lights of the Aurora shift from left to right and right to left.
Link to my YouTube Video Capturing the Curtains of Dancing Northern Lights:

While this below display is less vibrant, my YouTube video does capture a unique explosive episode of the Aurora's electrical magnetic display unlike any I have ever seen in person or as filmed by others. The flashing is even accompanied by sounds of the machine gun like explosions.

It is almost as though witnessing a celestial phenomenon akin to what one would see from a telescope in outer space watching the universe's creation:
Link to the Exploding Aurora:

And here are some still photos of the Northern Lights as captured by my camera this very early Friday morning:

182oru9am1f7.jpg

qusizttk3ykz.jpg

kxp1di1r9v2s.jpg

6q75ozw1ix11.jpg

3loxftnzt7cf.jpg

Awesome photos, Alaska. Thanks for posting.

The solar storm was so powerful that aurora were seen even in Illinois. I observed a purplish glow in the northwest last night, even here in the light-polluted skies of the Chicago area.

Between the purple haze and the mojo moose, the 'Cats have all the karma they need.

FOR THIS FRIDAY, AN ALASKA AURORA DISPLAY FROM EARLIER TODAY

Captured in the early hours of this October Friday, curtains of Northern Lights dance high in the sky above the roof of my home.
Watch as the multi colored lights of the Aurora shift from left to right and right to left.
Link to my YouTube Video Capturing the Curtains of Dancing Northern Lights:

While this below display is less vibrant, my YouTube video does capture a unique explosive episode of the Aurora's electrical magnetic display unlike any I have ever seen in person or as filmed by others. The flashing is even accompanied by sounds of the machine gun like explosions.

It is almost as though witnessing a celestial phenomenon akin to what one would see from a telescope in outer space watching the universe's creation:
Link to the Exploding Aurora:

And here are some still photos of the Northern Lights as captured by my camera this very early Friday morning:
You've done all you can my Alaska pal. At least today you weren't caught in the middle of a bull moose brawl!

Reactions: Alaskawildkat
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT