ADVERTISEMENT

Thinking of selling my tickets...

Sheffielder

Gold Member
Sep 1, 2004
I have a couple of friends who are (nice) Ohio State fans...they just texted me asking about getting tickets to the game next week.

I replied, "I might be ready to sell you mine."

There have been times in my life where I'd rather burn my own house down with my season tickets in them to ensure they didn't go to an Ohio State fan...but at this point am I wrong for dreading a trip to the game next week? Ohio State fans everywhere for what promises to be the single worst beating in the last X decades? And let's agree...there have been some really bad ones.

There's that part of me that says "you need to support the players." But at this point I don't know what else we as fans can do to give Fitz a wake up call other than to turn our backs on him.

The floor is open for responses/reactions. Either affirm my disillusionment or talk me out of it because I'm at my life's low with this team that is making Brian Ferentz a candidate for the Broyles Award.

I have a couple of friends who are (nice) Ohio State fans...they just texted me asking about getting tickets to the game next week.

There have been times in my life where I'd rather burn my own house down with my season tickets in them to ensure they didn't go to an Ohio State fan...but at this point am I wrong for dreading a trip to the game next week? Ohio State fans everywhere for what promises to be the single worst beating in the last X decades? And let's agree...there have been some really bad ones.

There's that part of me that says "you need to support the players." But at this point I don't know what else we as fans can do to give Fitz a wake up call other than to turn our backs on him.

The floor is open for responses/reactions. Either affirm my disillusionment or talk me out of it because I'm at my life's low with this team that is making Brian Ferentz a candidate for the Broyles Award.
If you can afford, burn them. Selling them leads to revenue from concession sales. Simply toss them out.

For me it came down to this: I like my seat neighbors. I won’t be there, so I can’t help it if some Deliverance types sneak into my vacant seats, but they won’t be doing do with my tickets.

For me it came down to this: I like my seat neighbors. I won’t be there, so I can’t help it if some Deliverance types sneak into my vacant seats, but they won’t be doing do with my tickets.
Relative to my situation...these particular OSU fans are probably nicer than I am (this season I've been doing my best impression of Randy Quaid in Major League II when he turns on the team), so I'd be doing my seat neighbors a favor...sort of...

Sell them, and let your ticket agent know why.

Fitz suggested the fan base is behind him, and it is only a few know-nothings on social media that are criticizing him and his coordinators. He has to find out the truth somehow...this seems like an effective strategy. Seriously, what will Fitz be thinking and feeling as he has his butt bludgeoned in his own house?

I’m unable to use my seats due to my recent knee replacement surgery and have been unable to give them to NU fan friends.

Fortunately I don’t need the money so I ‘ll just eat the tickets.

I’m upset like everyone else around here with the arc of the program but the players deserve my support. And in this case I believe that means that I not bring more OSU fans into Ryan.

At game time I’ll be dressed in my NU gear, watching the game on the tv, hoping for a miracle.

Reactions: drewjin
Fitz suggested the fan base is behind him, and it is only a few know-nothings on social media that are criticizing him and his coordinators. He has to find out the truth somehow...this seems like an effective strategy. Seriously, what will Fitz be thinking and feeling as he has his butt bludgeoned in his own house?

I wonder how many "yes men" are around him. I would say the "rank-and-file" NU fans are overwhelmingly unhappy right now, but maybe the people he listens to have convinced him otherwise.

I'm still "behind him" for what it's worth, but it's not worth much (one home game this year, first since before pandemic), and I'm very frustrated.

I’m unable to use my seats due to my recent knee replacement surgery and have been unable to give them to NU fan friends.

Fortunately I don’t need the money so I ‘ll just eat the tickets.

I’m upset like everyone else around here with the arc of the program but the players deserve my support. And in this case I believe that means that I not bring more OSU fans into Ryan.

At game time I’ll be dressed in my NU gear, watching the game on the tv, hoping for a miracle.
"Fortunately I don’t need the money so I ‘ll just eat the tickets."

They will taste better than the hot dogs

I wonder how many "yes men" are around him. I would say the "rank-and-file" NU fans are overwhelmingly unhappy right now, but maybe the people he listens to have convinced him otherwise.

I'm still "behind him" for what it's worth, but it's not worth much (one home game this year, first since before pandemic), and I'm very frustrated.
Why do you think he hires mediocre assistants? They will kiss his ass forever for hiring them. A bunch of bums is what he has around him and it has finally caught up to him. Unless he changes his ways, it will be a long time for the program to get back to 2018 form. Fitz will need to be shown the door before the program will win again. Fitz isn't the guy that will take this program to the next level.

Reactions: drewjin and IGNORE2
Why do you think he hires mediocre assistants? They will kiss his ass forever for hiring them. A bunch of bums is what he has around him and it has finally caught up to him. Unless he changes his ways, it will be a long time for the program to get back to 2018 form. Fitz will need to be shown the door before the program will win again. Fitz isn't the guy that will take this program to the next level.
To me, getting to the "next level" from 2018/20 isn't the issue. It's the 2 year death spiral. We are a lower level FCS team. How the Eff did this happen so quickly

Reactions: Jaguar 88
To me, getting to the "next level" from 2018/20 isn't the issue. It's the 2 year death spiral. We are a lower level FCS team. How the Eff did this happen so quickly
I am with you on that!!!! I am going by all the crap Fitz said after the Holiday Bowl presser. Big Ten titles, challenging for nattie's, etc. A far cry from reality. It will take years to get to 2018 with Fitz still at the helm.

Would you be interested in donating to 2 Clemson fans who will for sure be rooting against ohio state lol? Was thinking about coming to the game for the first half before heading to south bend. Let me know 864-494-4084

After four seasons of disappointment in Evanston my belief is the only way to send a clear message is for the stadium to be a sea of red.

Reactions: IGNORE2
After four seasons of disappointment in Evanston my belief is the only way to send a clear message is for the stadium to be a sea of red.
Why do our fans keep forgetting 2020? And 2018? How about 2012-2017?

Fitz is a top 5 coach! He’ll outfox Day. I doubt that both of his coordinators have NFL experience like ours.

Why do our fans keep forgetting 2020? And 2018? How about 2012-2017?

Fitz is a top 5 coach! He’ll outfox Day. I doubt that both of his coordinators have NFL experience like ours.
I didn’t forget about 2020. Let me ask you this were you at any of the home games? My comment was about the last four seasons.

The weather is going to be so nasty that I would sell them to anyone crazy enough to go. Quick! You don’t have much time.

I am going to the game. And, bringing a few OSU friends (taking the place of my NU fans I sit with.). Go ‘Cats!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT