ADVERTISEMENT

This Friday: Men against Boys. Sorry fellas but keeping it real

Turk

May 29, 2001
Blacklisted by Fitz
I know many of you homers are saying this will be the single biggest day in NU history but that type of talk is just getting annoying as hell. Truth is our offense is really really bad and we have no QB.
It's truly hard to imagine how our offense will even score unless it's a turnover in the redzone that our D gifts them with.
Fitz has failed this team by putting McCall above the hard work and sweat of the players. And this team and this Friday will thoroughly embarrass us and send the program back to the dark ages.

The truth is that it's not the players fault. Fitz sends them in a gunfight equipped with a knife.

Call this post profane, whatever. Call it bulletin board material. But in simplest terms, this team will get a lot of sympathy from everyone who watches this beat down. And there is NOTHING our OL can do about a bully picking on them on Friday. Nothing any QB can do when OSU picks on them. They simply are NOT equipped on offense due to not having a professional who is coaching them. Our offensive coaches are not professionals in their craft. On defense, Hankwitz has our team prepared but after we get 14 or 21 pts down, we will have to air it out and then I'm concerned that our QB will get hurt.
The Voice is on Friday night. I'm watching that and so should you. This game will be like the Washington Generals vs the Harlem Globtrotters. I have too much respect for this program to watch the beatdown this Friday.

Oh, and if you do watch, Let's hope that Smith is the QB. I could care less about stars. Smith is far better right now. And no doubt that our offensive players are better than they play, but McCall's offense is Pop Warner and deplorable.

Sorry

I know many of you homers are saying this will be the single biggest day in NU history but that type of talk is just getting annoying as hell. Truth is our offense is really really bad and we have no QB.
It's truly hard to imagine how our offense will even score unless it's a turnover in the redzone that our D gifts them with.
Fitz has failed this team by putting McCall above the hard work and sweat of the players. And this team and this Friday will thoroughly embarrass us and send the program back to the dark ages.

The truth is that it's not the players fault. Fitz sends them in a gunfight equipped with a knife.

Call this post profane, whatever. Call it bulletin board material. But in simplest terms, this team will get a lot of sympathy from everyone who watches this beat down. And there is NOTHING our OL can do about a bully picking on them on Friday. Nothing any QB can do when OSU picks on them. They simply are NOT equipped on offense due to not having a professional who is coaching them. Our offensive coaches are not professionals in their craft. On defense, Hankwitz has our team prepared but after we get 14 or 21 pts down, we will have to air it out and then I'm concerned that our QB will get hurt.
The Voice is on Friday night. I'm watching that and so should you. This game will be like the Washington Generals vs the Harlem Globtrotters. I have too much respect for this program to watch the beatdown this Friday.

Oh, and if you do watch, Let's hope that Smith is the QB. I could care less about stars. Smith is far better right now. And no doubt that our offensive players are better than they play, but McCall's offense is Pop Warner and deplorable.

Sorry
I was with you until you got to the Dark Ages. Having lived through them, you couldn't be more wrong. This is a bad season and NU will get whipped by perhaps the best team in the land. But Dark Ages bad? Nope.

You and Wicker are just wrong about that.

Sorry
You’re going to watch and you know it!

Sorry
Your post is propane, not profane. However, the offense generally has been too bad for too long, with no sign of movement to change that dramatically. We simply are not building an offense in the way we have built a defense. Let's hope Fitz can continue with a stellar defense for the next several years, but you have to wonder why the players will come to support a lagging offense? What continues to gnaw at me is why do we continue doing the same, thinking it will produce change? If he doesn't, we may be flirting with DA, and I'm not referring to Darnell Autry.

Last edited:
If faith is belief without evidence or in spite of evidence, then that is what I am going on this week. I am not predicting a victory, but as long as there is an actual game to play, I won't rule it out.

Reactions: Alaskawildkat

Sorry
Another shotgun post where everyone is hit with bullets.

Sorry
OMG! We are going to win!

If faith is belief without evidence or in spite of evidence, then that is what I am going on this week. I am not predicting a victory, but as long as there is an actual game to play, I won't rule it out.
Faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen. Thus, you need a bucket full of faith, brother!

Another shotgun post where everyone is hit with bullets.
shotguns don't have bullets, they have shot :)

that said, some bullets, or shot, whatever, NEED to be fired. We are the effing defending B1G West champs, we beat every team in our division, and we had a very good core coming back and a transfer QB coming back that is our highest rated recruit in...ever? If we'd been a senior laden team or there was some other idiosyncratic event (RAW for instance, or the union distraction), then you could justify it. But we have one of the worst, if not the worst, offenses in FBS. I was ranting about this elsewhere, what if we had a lousy defense as well, and they were giving up long, time-consuming drives instead of a lot of 3 and outs? Meaning - our offense is getting a lot of possessions because the defense gets it back, and still can't do anything.

While I'm fired up about it, is Fitz always smug and arrogant or only when we lose? I kinda recall him being sort of gracious and self-effacing in victory, whereas he is so defensive in defeat, belittling critics and brushing off legitimate concerns. It isn't a good look, and, in all likelihood, he will lose about 30-40% of his games for the next 10-20 years, he needs a better act. Heck, even Hairball is better in losses. I watch because I can't stand him and you can tell he is simply seething, but he is gracious, takes responsibility, answer questions, etc. He is otherwise a real toad, but he does this part ok.

shotguns don't have bullets, they have shot :)

that said, some bullets, or shot, whatever, NEED to be fired. We are the effing defending B1G West champs, we beat every team in our division, and we had a very good core coming back and a transfer QB coming back that is our highest rated recruit in...ever? If we'd been a senior laden team or there was some other idiosyncratic event (RAW for instance, or the union distraction), then you could justify it. But we have one of the worst, if not the worst, offenses in FBS. I was ranting about this elsewhere, what if we had a lousy defense as well, and they were giving up long, time-consuming drives instead of a lot of 3 and outs? Meaning - our offense is getting a lot of possessions because the defense gets it back, and still can't do anything.

While I'm fired up about it, is Fitz always smug and arrogant or only when we lose? I kinda recall him being sort of gracious and self-effacing in victory, whereas he is so defensive in defeat, belittling critics and brushing off legitimate concerns. It isn't a good look, and, in all likelihood, he will lose about 30-40% of his games for the next 10-20 years, he needs a better act. Heck, even Hairball is better in losses. I watch because I can't stand him and you can tell he is simply seething, but he is gracious, takes responsibility, answer questions, etc. He is otherwise a real toad, but he does this part ok.
I guess it’s pretty evident I am not in the NRA then.

You lost me when you defended Hardballs in his losses. Sorry, I just can’t remember Fitz being a Dick immediately after any of our losses. He usually is over the top complimentary of the opposition in the presser. Both Fitz and Hardballs can be abrasive with the press and it can get tiresome, but there are a lot of dumb questions.

Pretty much everyone with over 20 posts this season has weighed in on NU’s offensive struggles. I have the position that a change is absolutely required. Having said that, it gets tiring when most posts denigrate from the original topic to a McCall sucks rant. The opposite happens too, but the common factor is most posts are about Dissatisfaction with McCall and then fragments of those bullets then hit something else that is under someone’s skin.

I guess it’s pretty evident I am not in the NRA then.

You lost me when you defended Hardballs in his losses. Sorry, I just can’t remember Fitz being a Dick immediately after any of our losses. He usually is over the top complimentary of the opposition in the presser. Both Fitz and Hardballs can be abrasive with the press and it can get tiresome, but there are a lot of dumb questions.

Pretty much everyone with over 20 posts this season has weighed in on NU’s offensive struggles. I have the position that a change is absolutely required. Having said that, it gets tiring when most posts denigrate from the original topic to a McCall sucks rant. The opposite happens too, but the common factor is most posts are about Dissatisfaction with McCall and then fragments of those bullets then hit something else that is under someone’s skin.
fragments of bullets...or shot? and like you, I am non NRA.

Pray for heavy rain like 1998 Michigan, or 2008 SIU or 2003 @Kansas
what's the forecast? The rain will not bother our offense at all. The calculations. over on the other page, balanced the game when clicking 7 turnovers for OSU. If it rains, then3+ turnovers is possible. Even 3 turnover margin brings the spread down to 20 pts which isn't bad.

I have been a Ohio State fan for over 60 years.And the one way this team is different, they are all business ..And there coach is all business... All the games they have played have been over at half... Think they are playing with a chip on there shoulder because Michigan was picked above them. And Day likes to put the hammer down, he has a lot to prove. I know anything can happen. And at the start of the year I had this game circled as a trap game. But watching both teams play, unless OSU falls on there face I don't see this game close.. And if you think OSU will have a let down don't count on it.They will have eight days to get ready for Wisconsin and its at the shoe.

Last edited:
Regardless, I'm looking forward to the game tonight. Or at least the first quarter, while we're still competitive.

I have been a Ohio State fan for over 60 years.And the one way this team is different, they are all business ..And there coach is all businesses.. All the games they have played have been over at half... Think they are playing with a chip on there shoulder because Michigan was picked above them. And Day likes to put the hammer down, he has a lot to prove. I know anything can happen. And at the start of the year I had this game circled as a trap game. But watching both teams play, unless OSU falls on there face I don't see this game close.. And if you think OSU will have a let down don't count on it.They will have eight days to get ready for Wisconsin and its at the shoe.
Their, their now.

Reactions: Rodenthater
I have been a Ohio State fan for over 60 years.And the one way this team is different, they are all business ..And there coach is all businesses.. All the games they have played have been over at half... Think they are playing with a chip on there shoulder because Michigan was picked above them. And Day likes to put the hammer down, he has a lot to prove. I know anything can happen. And at the start of the year I had this game circled as a trap game. But watching both teams play, unless OSU falls on there face I don't see this game close.. And if you think OSU will have a let down don't count on it.They will have eight days to get ready for Wisconsin and its at the shoe.
“There” all businesses, got it!

Still got more correcting to do from what I see.

This board has some tough grammar police.
Did I mention OSU games are over at half time.And by the way the grammar thing does not bother me,.you guys are known for it..Not your football team. Good luck the rest of the year.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT