ADVERTISEMENT

This time it is a University of Washington Player Quitting, Linebacker who Denied NU a Touchdown

Alaskawildkat

Gold Member
Dec 29, 2005
Have no idea if this is related to NIL issues like the others. New just out one hour ago.

Parham Quits Huskies on Eve of Rutgers Game​

The former San Jose State linebacker started one of four outings for the UW.

Dan Raley | 1 Hour Ago​

Bryun Parham came up with a fourth-down PBU against Northwestern to prevent a touchdown.

Bryun Parham came up with a fourth-down PBU against Northwestern to prevent a touchdown. / Skylar Lin Visuals

Players are using unlimited transfers to facilitate their path to the pros. If they aren't playing, they're not staying.
Or they are flat out getting pseudo booted off the team. Indiana just had 6 kids leave this week. Since they were backups with little to no playing time they preserve a season of eligibility. I bet Cignetti called them in and said they have no future here, leave. Cignetti seems to be a tool and he doesn’t appear interested in the “student athlete” beyond the athlete part.

Or they are flat out getting pseudo booted off the team. Indiana just had 6 kids leave this week. Since they were backups with little to no playing time they preserve a season of eligibility. I bet Cignetti called them in and said they have no future here, leave. Cignetti seems to be a tool and he doesn’t appear interested in the “student athlete” beyond the athlete part.
Can you blame Cignetti?

I would steer my son away from if he was a recruit. This guy has PJ written all over him. I believe after the honeymoon he eventually comes back to the norm and crashes.
You could be correct. My point is there is no loyalty from anywhere going forward. It will probably get worse before/ if it ever gets better.

You could be correct. My point is there is no loyalty from anywhere going forward. It will probably get worse before/ if it ever gets better.
I guess I am just a skeptic when 6 players from the same team bolt to preserve a year of eligibility, precisely before they potentially burn a year of eligibility. . I am all for Coaches being honest if the players don’t fit in their plans. However, this feels like a situation where the Coach says you not in out plans as a future starter, but if you remain on the team I may use you on Special teams or mop up duty. Looks like some have just been on the team this year, so I’m not sure which Coach recruited them. If you know the kid will transfer a next season, why not let him train and learn from your staff for the remainder of the year? After all, the kid did commit to your program. This all assumes the players are not cancers. These players clearly don’t trust the Coach with thar year of eligibility. It’s ok to be a decent human being. I think NU has at least one player we all expect to transfer that is still around. I am sure there are more.

Not everyone can start. Did the 6 players get kicked off? If not,I'm sure they could have stayed for the rest of the year.

Not everyone can start. Did the 6 players get kicked off? If not,I'm sure they could have stayed for the rest of the year.
Don’t know the details, so maybe I am being hard on Cignatti. What I do know, is I haven’t heard of any other school having 6 players bolting before game 5, and every team has players that aren’t starters.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT