ADVERTISEMENT

This whole thing smells

The Purple Knight

Gold Member
Dec 24, 2020
My original post was taken down by the moderator because the language was too strong and offensive to him. I’ve done my best to tone it down.

I have conducted many investigations in my career and it was obvious that this case smelled from the very beginning. We have a single individual making a sensational claim designed to hurt the program and get Fitz fired. But there’s nothing to back up the claims. The outside investigators report has nothing more than a report of an uncorroborated story, and the investigator admitted there was no proof that the coaches knew anything about the “alleged” conduct. Of course the media ran with the story without corroborating evidence or proof that the claims have any validity. Just because a person alleges misconduct doesn’t mean it’s true. Anyone can make up anything, for any reason, which is why corroborating evidence is crucial in cases like this. But the damage is done even if it all turns out to be completely false.

The evidence so far is extremely weak. The case is based on the uncorroborated claims of a single biased and disgruntled former player. An individual has come forward with information that the “victim“ admitted his sole motive was to get Fitz fired.

It doesn’t take a genius to figure out that this individual has an ax to grind and hates Fitz. Dollars to donuts it’s a guy that never played and feels wronged by Fitz. This individual wants to remain anonymous, but the name always gets leaked eventually. When that happens, his credibility and motives will be placed in issue.

Even a rookie investigator knows that a claim like this doesn’t fly without corroborating evidence in the form of photographs, video emails, social media posts, and credible, unbiased, corroborating testimony. There has been ZERO corroborating evidence and the ENTIRE team says it never happened. Not a very strong case so far.

Why on earth would anyone in their right mind believe a single disgruntled former player over the entire team and coaching staff?

Ask yourself, why aren’t there dozens and dozens of witnesses coming forward if this is all true?

Lastly, I know a board member well and I can tell you he’s not happy with the President and AD. They were meeting today.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News