ADVERTISEMENT

Tickets for @DePaul game go on sale at 10am

pschatz25

Nov 29, 2005
I was at the ribbon-cutting for Wintrust Arena on Saturday, as part of Open House Chicago. It's very nice, a huge improvement from AllState Arena for DePaul. The layout is a little too 'open' for my tastes. I prefer a more intimate design, with seats tighter to the court, that would hold the sound in better. The seats in the lower part of the balcony do feel almost on top of the court, which is great.

I look forward to seeing NU play there in December. Hope to see some other NU fans there.

DePaul tickets

I can't believe DePaul stole my Chicago Skyline court idea that I had back when NU went with the washed-out purple marker mistake...

I can't believe DePaul stole my Chicago Skyline court idea that I had back when NU went with the washed-out purple marker mistake...
Does Willy know DePaul downsized form a 17,000 arena to one seating just 10,000? That's worse than NU shedding about 900 seats!!!

Does anyone know if DePaul sold out the All State Arena ever? I imagine NU will get a few sellouts at best but did the Chicago Area ever support DePaul at Allstate or did they pretty much play to half empty arena? What should we expect this year?

Does anyone know if DePaul sold out the All State Arena ever? I imagine NU will get a few sellouts at best but did the Chicago Area ever support DePaul at Allstate or did they pretty much play to half empty arena? What should we expect this year?
NU will probably not get a sell-out at AA this season, although that three-game stretch in February against MSU, MD and WI is pretty appealing.

Does Willy know DePaul downsized form a 17,000 arena to one seating just 10,000? That's worse than NU shedding about 900 seats!!!
When NU puts 10,001 purple fannies in the new W-R, let me know. I was in the old McGaw on 12/5/57 when 10,000+ watched the Wildcats play a school that featured Wilt "The Stilt" Chamberlain.

This is a little before my time, but I believe they regularly sold it out during the 1980's. I went to a few games there during their brief renaissance in the last 1990's and they had good crowds. This article says they average less than 2k in actual attendance (not tickets sold) last season, which is consistent with the crowds I've seen at the few DePaul games I've attended in the last five years or so. The average attendance needed for the new arena to break even is 9,500. Good luck with that.

I doubt we'll sell out any games at AA. And if we do it will be because of an increase in visiting fans, so that wouldn't be great. NU says AA will be easier to get to for more fans. I don't buy it, but I really hope I'm wrong.

We might come close in that Wisconsin game if both teams are in the Top 25. We'd need a lot of help from Wisconsin's local fans.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT