ADVERTISEMENT

Tim McGarigle headed home

Nice!

You know, this board can be frustrating at times with the opinions and statements flying around. But when it comes to casting a really wide net for relevant news, it’s fantastic.

Great news! Not surprised. If he comes in as the linebacker coach, then the speculation about Bates moving over to coach DBs was spot on.

Can Fitz make up/coin a position for him like assistant defensive coordinator? Does that already exist as LB coach? I am really excited to see McGarigle back in evanston! He was always one of my favorite players to watch in person. One of his best games was vs psu when he had that interception and about 20 tackles. Unfortunately, we lost that game in the last seconds. But it seems like everyone associated with NU wins now with Tim back home! I really hope he takes over as dc for Hank if/when he decides to retire??

Can Fitz make up/coin a position for him like assistant defensive coordinator? Does that already exist as LB coach? I am really excited to see McGarigle back in evanston! He was always one of my favorite players to watch in person. One of his best games was vs psu when he had that interception and about 20 tackles. Unfortunately, we lost that game in the last seconds. But it seems like everyone associated with NU wins now with Tim back home! I really hope he takes over as dc for Hank if/when he decides to retire??

I'd personally prefer that Randy Bates take over for Hank (Bates has been a DC) and then Tim after Bates retires.

Wouldn't Bates be better prepared?

Looks like Tim is coming back to NU to join Fitz's staff according to Green Bay Packers beat reporter.
"McCarthy was interested in #Packers defensive quality control assistant Tim McGarigle returning, but McGarigle has accepted a job with Pat Fitzgerald at #Northwestern."

How cool is that? The Mad Irishman returns to Evanston.

NU hasn’t issued a release yet, but probably will soon. I gotta say that GCG called this quite a while ago.

Hanks is the best DC in the B1G

CadDad, I agree, I was just responding to the speculation about what could happen when coach Hank retires. I hope we have him for another 10 years and agree with your statement.

Reactions: CatsDad
CadDad, I agree, I was just responding to the speculation about what could happen when coach Hank retires. I hope we have him for another 10 years and agree with your statement.
I agree I hope he is here at least four more years

Reactions: mikewebb68
I agree I hope he is here at least four more years

Seeing that Hankwitz is about 70, I would venture to guess he may be here another 3-5 years. But I hope we are starting to groom a successor already.

NU hasn’t issued a release yet, but probably will soon. I gotta say that GCG called this quite a while ago.

Believe me, I am totally psyched that Tim is coming back to us! He is going to make everybody on the team better! But was it him who while a student got in trouble once after getting drunk and trying to get into a house that he thought there was a party? I'm not sure it was him. I hope he doesn't overdo the beer drinking anymore. Sorry to even mention this if it were him- I just can't recall who exactly was in the news for this??

Believe me, I am totally psyched that Tim is coming back to us! He is going to make everybody on the team better! But was it him who while a student got in trouble once after getting drunk and trying to get into a house that he thought there was a party? I'm not sure it was him. I hope he doesn't overdo the beer drinking anymore. Sorry to even mention this if it were him- I just can't recall who exactly was in the news for this??

That was Brett Walsh.

That was not McGarigle--it was an offensive lineman.

Reactions: mickbula

Yes, it was McGarigle. But come on, that was at least a dozen years ago and he was, what, in his early 20s? Give the guy a break. I did plenty of stupid things in college that I’m sure glad didn’t make it into the media.

Sounds like something MRCat would have done. That, or break into Taco Bell to steal chalupas.

There've been several of those mishaps involving NU players through the years.

That was Brett Walsh.

Walsh got arrested just a few years ago for a somewhat similar incident in Ohio. McGarigle had his scrape with the law in Evanston.

On the hoops side, Edward T. Montgomery McCants did something similar, tried to post up on a post, and knocked his own ass out cold. Classic.

Yes, it was McGarigle. But come on, that was at least a dozen years ago and he was, what, in his early 20s? Give the guy a break. I did plenty of stupid things in college that I’m sure glad didn’t make it into the media.
You have continued, right?

Yep. I'm just waiting to become important enough for my shenanigans to get reported.

I think it's just a matter of time before someone in your "Triangle of Secrecy" breaks down and spills the beans. My bet is on Hungry Jack. :)

I think it's just a matter of time before someone in your "Triangle of Secrecy" breaks down and spills the beans. My bet is on Hungry Jack. :)
Would he go on double secret probation?

Do we know that special teams will be the 10th assistant's responsibility?
Hope not. Still hoping for a OL coach. Then shift Cushing to Special teams or Tight Ends, if he has to stay. Maybe he'll get the HC job with the Maroons.

Hope not. Still hoping for a OL coach. Then shift Cushing to Special teams or Tight Ends, if he has to stay. Maybe he'll get the HC job with the Maroons.

Capacity at Stagg Field is 1,650. Right up your ally.

xue30jtstq33jo7p.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT