ADVERTISEMENT

TN Trivia

CMcCat

Feb 22, 2007
James Polk and Andrew Johnson are the only presidents who hailed from Tennessee -- although a case can be made for Al Gore.

Polk, preceded by Tyler and succeeded by Taylor, popularized the presidential mullet while Johnson, who followed Lincoln (whose Hat is now in our possession), was entirely forgettable.

Next...

James Polk and Andrew Johnson are the only presidents who hailed from Tennessee -- although a case can be made for Al Gore.

Polk, preceded by Tyler and succeeded by Taylor, popularized the presidential mullet while Johnson, who followed Lincoln (whose Hat is now in our possession), was entirely forgettable.

Next...
Andrew Jackson would challenge you to a duel for not adding him, and he would win.

EDIT: We don't claim the conman Al Gore. He didn't even carry his old congressional district, much less this state. He grew up in Washington D.C.

Why did he not carry the state? Hell, we sent all of his political cronies to prison for corruption. We knew he was a crook. He learned from the best....his crooked daddy.

James K Polk: (One of my favorite songs by They Might be Giants.) "The Napoleon of the Stump."

Andrew Jackson would challenge you to a duel for not adding him, and he would win.

EDIT: We don't claim the conman Al Gore. He didn't even carry his old congressional district, much less this state. He grew up in Washington D.C.

Why did he not carry the state? Hell, we sent all of his political cronies to prison for corruption. We knew he was a crook. He learned from the best....his crooked daddy.
Please pardon my oversight of Old Hickory. This does nearly redeem TN as a producer of presidential timber.

I am disappointed by the failure of our guests to volunteer any other TN Trivia. I would have thought that to be in their blood.

Little known fact:

The toothbrush was invented in Tennessee.

Ironically, the name stuck but had it been invented in the Midwest, it would have aptly been named the teethbrush.

The more you know......

Next...

Until Bill Clinton ruined it for us...we had the only U.S. President to be impeached in office

Reactions: clad_in_big_orange
Andrew Johnson held every elective office a the local, state and federal level. He was elected: Alderman, Mayor, State Representative, State Senator, Governor, Vice President and President.

Reactions: rmndcat
Jasper Newton "Jack" Daniel is thought to have died of a toe infection which began after he kicked his safe in anger when he could not get it to open.

Clearly, he did not have a Christian Salem on his team.

Tennessee was the horse center of the US, until the Civil War caused the horse people to relocate to Kentucky

Jasper Newton "Jack" Daniel is thought to have died of a toe infection which began after he kicked his safe in anger when he could not get it to open.

Clearly, he did not have a Christian Salem on his team.

Probably diabetes-related from drinking too much of his own product.

Reactions: madmaxvol

Next...
If Whiskey Jack would have run for office, he would have won. Especially tossing in free sour mash.

Dempster Street is a main thoroughfare in Evanston, Illinois.

Dempster Brothers, Inc. of Knoxville, TN (established by George Roby Dempster with his brothers Thomas and John Dempster) introduced the first commercially successful, front-loading garbage truck in the United States. The word "dumpster", first used commercially in 1936, came from the Dempster-Dumpster system of mechanically loading the contents of standardized containers onto garbage trucks, which was patented by Dempster Brothers in 1935.

Next...
i cant believe you people actually try to claim lincoln considering he did not move to illinois until he was 21 years of age. you people are just lucky to have such a great southern gentleman move to your state.

Reactions: Tennessee Jones
I'll play along. Tennessee has the most caves of any state in the United States.
1b96005a9a594adc5ed8ec0554bbc821.jpg

Including the newly discovered rumble room in which you could fit the superdome.

Reactions: CMcCat

Next...
Neither Polk nor Johnson were born in Tennessee. Both are from next door in North Carolina. Johnson was born in Raleigh and Polk in Pineville. We've never had anyone born in this state elected president.

Last edited:
Tennessee is the home of the highest free-falling waterfall east of the Mississippi River. It can be found at Fall Creek Falls State Park. The movie "The Jungle Book" was filmed there.

Portions of Tennessee's Great Smoky Mountains National Park are classified as temperate rain forests. Some areas get nearly 80 inches of rain per year.

The swamp scene in the movie "US Marshalls" where the airliner transporting the inmates crashed was filmed at Tennessee's Reelfoot Lake.

Elkmont, Tennessee is the only place in the Western Hemisphere where you can see Synchronous Fireflies.

firefly.gif

Please pardon my oversight of Old Hickory. This does nearly redeem TN as a producer of presidential timber.

I am disappointed by the failure of our guests to volunteer any other TN Trivia. I would have thought that to be in their blood.
You still play trivial pursuit every friday with your parents don't you.

i cant believe you people actually try to claim lincoln considering he did not move to illinois until he was 21 years of age. you people are just lucky to have such a great southern gentleman move to your state.

No serious person in Tennessee has ever tried to claim Lincoln. However, we do claim Mark Twain because he was conceived and growing in mom's oven while his parents still lived in Tennessee. He was born shortly after they moved to Missouri.

He grew up in Indiana. Not exactly Southern.

Reactions: curtis b.
No serious person in Tennessee has ever tried to claim Lincoln. However, we do claim Mark Twain because he was conceived and growing in mom's oven while his parents still lived in Tennessee. He was born shortly after they moved to Missouri.
dont see where i tried to lay any claim to lincoln in TENNESSEE. you gotta read a little slower.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT