ADVERTISEMENT

TRE SINGLETON COMMITS TO NU!

Great news! Congrats to Coach Collins and staff for incredible recruiting job. Shows NU can compete with other top programs in BBall recruiting.!

Wow! That's some great news!!

Sought out a couple highlight clips on this kid. He looks like he already has a BIG body, but despite that size, he has really nice handles and a smooth jumper out to 3-point range. He also seems to have great footwork in the paint.

The one thing that concerned me at first was in the entire six-minute AAU highlights tape I watched about him, he didn't dunk the ball once -- even on break-aways. It didn't make sense how someone that big wasn't dunking. But rest assured, I found other clips where he clearly can get up and dunk the ball with athleticism. Will be fun to watch.

(I sure hope he breaks the Chris Collins' Stretch 4 curse)

Reactions: mountaindrew

Sought out a couple highlight clips on this kid. He looks like he already has a BIG body, but despite that size, he has really nice handles and a smooth jumper out to 3-point range. He also seems to have great footwork in the paint.

The one thing that concerned me at first was in the entire six-minute AAU highlights tape I watched about him, he didn't dunk the ball once -- even on break-aways. It didn't make sense how someone that big wasn't dunking. But rest assured, I found other clips where he clearly can get up and dunk the ball with athleticism. Will be fun to watch.

🤣

Impressions on watching him play 2 games, in the same day:

(-)
  • Lacks traditional speed and hops.
  • Has problems on defense as a consequence of slow feet

(+)
  • Is strong as a motherf'er and knows how to use his body to create space. Like strong as in being strong enough as a freshman to bang with more experienced players
  • Good foot work, bit Ryan Young but with ability to work it also facing the basket
  • Fairly good ability to shoot from the outside, stretches the floor as a 4/5
  • Though slow and not bouncy, which limits his first step explosiveness, has fairly quick release and movement

This was probably a guy we landed because we developed the relationship before other programs noticed him. While matching the NIL competition. Well done.

Rivals had handicapped it as 60% Purdue, 20% Clemson, 20% Virginia.

Hopefully "The 2nd coming of Ryan Young" grows 3 inches taller this summer.

Lastly, is there only one barber in Indiana? Singleton and Barnhizer have the exact same haircut.

• Haha
Reactions: mountaindrew

(-)

(+)
  • Is strong as a motherf'er and knows how to use his body to create space. Like strong as in being strong enough as a freshman to bang with more experienced players
  • Good foot work, bit Ryan Young but with ability to work it also facing the basket
  • Though slow and not bouncy, which limits his first step explosiveness, has fairly quick release and movement

This was probably a guy we landed because we developed the relationship before other programs noticed him. While matching the NIL competition. Well done.
NIL 100% kept us in. Good sign for the future to be able to come up with enough to keep NU competitive.

Reactions: AdamOnFirst
In a fit of insomnia the other day, I came across his recent tweets. I don’t know if he was pre-trolling or what, but I was as despondent as a dude who is exhausted but also totally wired and somehow can’t sleep at 3am could be.

NU got its offer in about three weeks before other programs came calling. (I was gonna call them ‘the big programs’, but NU’s at least at par with Louisville and Virginia, right?)

Huuuuuuuuuuuuuuge.

We land our highest ranked BB recruit in history and you are worried about his highlights not showing a dunk? You aren’t trolling are you?

NIL 100% kept us in. Good sign for the future to be able to come up with enough to keep NU competitive.
How do you know this kid? Have we confirmed that our NIL offer was on par or better than the other programs? That would certainly alleviate some of the angst about this new reality.

I'm hoping the classes of '24 and '25 are a two-year group that we've rarely seen ... if ever.

I love the idea of adding 🤞🤞Bennerman's size🤞🤞 to this bunch. That would be some true B10 size across the board.

Of course, I haven't seen any of them play.

(-)

(+)

Can he dunk??

In a fit of insomnia the other day, I came across his recent tweets. I don’t know if he was pre-trolling or what, but I was as despondent as a dude who is exhausted but also totally wired and somehow can’t sleep at 3am could be.

NU got its offer in about three weeks before other programs came calling. (I was gonna call them ‘the big programs’, but NU’s at least at par with Louisville and Virginia, right?)

Huuuuuuuuuuuuuuge.

I’m pretty sure both those programs have won NCAA championships.

How do you know this kid? Have we confirmed that our NIL offer was on par or better than the other programs? That would certainly alleviate some of the angst about this new reality.
Just heard that NU had built a great relationship and that he was more likely than not NU’s to lose depending on NIL opportunities. Had an educated guess good news was coming soon after Collins comment about NIL last week.

May I suggest a different jersey number?

This was over on Reddit...

"UVa fan here. Here’s what I heard regarding Singletons recruiting:
-academics was a big priority -immediate playing time was the other big priority -Purdue was talking redshirt -Louisville put full court press on him at his visit. Tried to get him to verbally accept and cancel rest of his visits. Didn’t work and they were pretty much out after that. Word was he didn’t gel with their staff -Staying close to home was somewhat of a priority -I didn’t hear much related to crazy NIL ask. -It came down to Virginia and Northwestern. Northwestern has a very obvious path to immediate playing time and Virginia doesn’t (Power and Saunders both block him). That was the deciding factor"

could be excuses from the Virginia fan, but I want to believe Singleton factored academics in as well - and this makes sense.

-academics was a big priority -immediate playing time was the other big priority -Purdue was talking redshirt -Louisville put full court press on him at his visit. Tried to get him to verbally accept and cancel rest of his visits. Didn’t work and they were pretty much out after that. Word was he didn’t gel with their staff -Staying close to home was somewhat of a priority -I didn’t hear much related to crazy NIL ask. -It came down to Virginia and Northwestern. Northwestern has a very obvious path to immediate playing time and Virginia doesn’t (Power and Saunders both block him). That was the deciding factor"

could be excuses from the Virginia fan, but I want to believe Singleton factored academics in as well - and this makes sense.
Relationship > all other factors

Reactions: ricko654321
We land our highest ranked BB recruit in history and you are worried about his highlights not showing a dunk? You aren’t trolling are you?
In history?

No.

Seems like Law, Kopp, and Nance were more highly rated during the CCC era.

Evan Eschmeyer was a top 50 recruit per Athlon and our highest recruit post Foster. (Anything beforehand I have a hard time assessing due to lack of recruiting rankings and predating my arrival to NU, so maybe Billy McKinney or other graybeard is in the picture but I wouldn’t know).

If we are counting transfers, we also landed McDonald’s All Americans Michael Thompson from Duke (who was a bust) and Walker Lambiotte from NC State (who was the real deal as ACC Freshman of the Year and All B1G 1st team, at least prior to his injury).

In history?

No.

Seems like Law, Kopp, and Nance were more highly rated during the CCC era.

Evan Eschmeyer was a top 50 recruit per Athlon and our highest recruit post Foster. (Anything beforehand I have a hard time assessing due to lack of recruiting rankings and predating my arrival to NU, so maybe Billy McKinney or other graybeard is in the picture but I wouldn’t know).

If we are counting transfers, we also landed McDonald’s All Americans Michael Thompson from Duke (who was a bust) and Walker Lambiotte from NC State (who was the real deal as ACC Freshman of the Year and All B1G 1st team, at least prior to his injury).
Yes in history of when rankings became prevalent. Check out 247. This doesn’t include transfers pre 2000. Singleton is higher than Nance, Law, Kopp etc. Doesn’t make him better, but that’s the way he cookie crumbles.

Reactions: CoralSpringsCat

UVA's academics are exceptionally strong snd would not be a deciding factor.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT