ADVERTISEMENT

Trey Tyus

He seemed to really come on at the end of last season. A lot of people bashed him for being too slow but reminded me of the rb we had (name alluding me) who went to UCF but was great as a freshman

He seemed to really come on at the end of last season. A lot of people bashed him for being too slow but reminded me of the rb we had (name alluding me) who went to UCF but was great as a freshman
Bowser

Not giving Rod Heard his own thread, but Rod Heard had a TFL in ND’s win at TxAM tonight. I don’t know how much he played.

Reactions: ricko654321
Not giving Rod Heard his own thread, but Rod Heard had a TFL in ND’s win at TxAM tonight. I don’t know how much he played.

Watched the first half and Heard was rotating in probably every couple of series. So he played a fair bit.

We should've found a way to keep Tyus!
There was no way to keep him unless we were willing to give him the ball. He never got close to 15 carries in an NU uniform. Tyus is a big back and a punishing running. The more carries he gets, the more he runs downhill. He wanted a chance to show that. He will have a great year at OU.

Tyus has an interesting style. Clever and patient. Quick small movements but not particularly quick overall. Porter could, and probably did, learn from that.

Reactions: Baz=Heisman
Watched the first half and Heard was rotating in probably every couple of series. So he played a fair bit.
They rotate through like a million different personell looks. I don’t even know what some of the terminology on their depth chart means. They’ve got a “VYP” position on the line, they’ve got Rovers as well as nickels, of which Heard is neither but played both. They’re very multiple.

And we gained some (Mike Wright). It happens.
I was a big fan of Sully and hoped he'd grow into the job.

One game comparison
1) Sully seemed almost obsessed with accuracy, hold it too long etc. But anyway more accurate than Wright. Mike dropped a couple of dimes but had several WTH throws.
2. Both are "mobile QBs" but Wright is a step level improvement.
3. Wright's pocket presence is great. He looks as calm as a day at the beach. He moves out when he wants to, not because of panic.

Wright looks better after one game

I was a big fan of Sully and hoped he'd grow into the job.

One game comparison
1) Sully seemed almost obsessed with accuracy, hold it too long etc. But anyway more accurate than Wright. Mike dropped a couple of dimes but had several WTH throws.
2. Both are "mobile QBs" but Wright is a step level improvement.
3. Wright's pocket presence is great. He looks as calm as a day at the beach. He moves out when he wants to, not because of panic.

Wright looks better after one game
I mentioned it in the game thread. Wright’s touchdown run showed complete control. He read his top two targets, then scrambled into the seam because it was there.

Sullivan always looked panicked. His pocket presence was very unpolished. Happy happy feet.

And we gained some (Mike Wright). It happens.
We lost WAY more than we gained last year. I think our guys that redshirt then get a degree with a year of eligibility is our biggest risk. Hope our administration gives Braun a fighting chance by removing the review of Hs transcripts and give a little more weight to how they are performing in college.

Reactions: corbi296
They rotate through like a million different personell looks. I don’t even know what some of the terminology on their depth chart means. They’ve got a “VYP” position on the line, they’ve got Rovers as well as nickels, of which Heard is neither but played both. They’re very multiple.
I don't know much about the Aggies, but their offense looked very pedestrian last night. Perhaps the Domers D really is that good.

They flashed a stat near the end of the game which showed ND having at least a 60% chance of winning each game remaining on their schedule (including a 95% chance of beating Miami - Ohio in a few weeks). They could very well finish the regular season undefeated and seem destined for the expanded playoff. Won't that be grand.

• Sad
Reactions: phatcat
I don't know much about the Aggies, but their offense looked very pedestrian last night. Perhaps the Domers D really is that good.

They flashed a stat near the end of the game which showed ND having at least a 60% chance of winning each game remaining on their schedule (including a 95% chance of beating Miami - Ohio in a few weeks). They could very well finish the regular season undefeated and seem destined for the expanded playoff. Won't that be grand.
Ta&m qb really average at best. Moh might beat nd. At least cover spread for sure. Nd qb is way overrated. Bunch of my nd grad friends really want angeli to take over.

It is Better if Notre Dame gets in the expanded CFP rather than Iowa or Duke!

Or not. LOL.

Yes, much better -- we would only have lost 7yds instead of 8....
If Tyus weren’t in at tight end, the result would’ve been the same. Gordon and Lang were blown up on the play. Even tho Porter stuck his block, he couldn’t handle three Blue Devils.

Getting back to the original topic. Trey had a tougher night, only around 50 yards going into the final, clock killing drive. Two crucial clock draining runs for first downs, including a 22 yarder with the entire opposing team on his back. Well done, Trey

I think he means Tyus was a great short yardage big back and we would not have done the asinine QB run at all but would have RUTM.
Seriously? Porter was a stud last night and was picking up five and six yard carries in OT. You're saying that the OC called that asinine play on 3rd and 1 from the 3 yard line because he didn't have confidence that Porter could get the first down and TD?

Seriously? Porter was a stud last night and was picking up five and six yard carries in OT. You're saying that the OC called that asinine play on 3rd and 1 from the 3 yard line because he didn't have confidence that Porter could get the first down and TD?
What other explanation is there for why he would call that play? He overthought it and felt that they would stop Porter knowing what was coming and tried to get cute.

Reactions: CoralSpringsCat
What other explanation is there for why he would call that play? He overthought it and felt that they would stop Porter knowing what was coming and tried to get cute.
Maybe there was some aphorism from The Art of War he was trying to follow.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT