ADVERTISEMENT

Tribune Article

T_Levine

May 26, 2010
This is now becoming insane.

I am 100% against hazing. But the tribune front page article references two players who played at NU BEFORE Fitz was head coach.

If Diaz and jones were two of the 11 who spoke with Schill. How the F does it apply to Fitz and the current situation?

Mod edit:

Last edited by a moderator:
I am not inherently anti-media but we've definitely had a front row seat to a media pile on, stoking the flames to see the biggest train wreck possible, and once it's reached a fever pitch people ask less about facts and indulge more in the outrage.

This is now becoming insane.

I am 100% against hazing. But the tribune front page article references two players who played at NU BEFORE Fitz was head coach.

If Diaz and jones were two of the 11 who spoke with Schill. How the F does it apply to Fitz and the current situation?

Mod edit:
I don't think Jones did, his contribution to the article was through a Twitter thread he posted the other day, and the Diaz stuff was reported by the Daily in their article about racism this weekend in the late 2000s, so I don't think he was interviewed either.

I just read this article, which I almost didn't link because I don't want it to get more clicks. It's just infuriating:

Refers to "hardcore racism" and "white nationalist culture as part of its football program."

But hey, why stop now?

I just read this article, which I almost didn't link because I don't want it to get more clicks. It's just infuriating:

Refers to "hardcore racism" and "white nationalist culture as part of its football program."

But hey, why stop now?
Ok, this is getting ridiculous now. The "Race and Inequality Editor" at USA Today has taken the comments of one player with a questionable social media history in relation to his comments and spun it into Fitz being a terrible human being with a hardcore racist culture. Absolutely absurd.

Feel free to email him at MJFreeman@usatoday.com with your thoughts on a shameful article.

Ok, this is getting ridiculous now. The "Race and Inequality Editor" at USA Today has taken the comments of one player with a questionable social media history in relation to his comments and spun it into Fitz being a terrible human being with a hardcore racist culture. Absolutely absurd.

Feel free to email him at MJFreeman@usatoday.com with your thoughts on a shameful article.
All triggered by The Daily’s shoddy reporting, particularly in the follow up articles.

I did. I called him a turd.

But hey, why stop now?
Fitz should get Dan Webb to represent him in suing USA Today. This is absolutely ridiculous and people in the media need to be held accountable.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT