ADVERTISEMENT

Two book recommendation

Eurocat

Gold Member
May 29, 2001
I am reading two books that may interest people on the board,

Fourth and Long by John Bacon goes inside four Big Ten teams for a season, one is Northwestern. He also spends time tailgating with fans, etc. Even comments on the quality of our parking lot! (Bacon teaches at NU).

I actually just skimmed that one, haven't rea it yet, I am reading "Swing your Sword" by Wazzu coach Mike Leach. A very interesting look behind the scenes at college football. I recommend it!

Fourth and Long by John Bacon goes inside four Big Ten teams for a season, one is Northwestern. He also spends time tailgating with fans, etc. Even comments on the quality of our parking lot! (Bacon teaches at NU).

I actually just skimmed that one, haven't rea it yet, I am reading "Swing your Sword" by Wazzu coach Mike Leach. A very interesting look behind the scenes at college football. I recommend it!
Will look into those, Euro. Always like recommendations from those smarter than myself. Fortunately (or unfortunately), they're not hard to find. o_O

Didn't like 4th and long. It seemed to me like Bacon had a story written and used the 4 schools to fill in the blanks.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT