ADVERTISEMENT

Two-sport star Dillan Johnson earns NU offer on visit

I hope they allow him to participate in both sports. It is unlikely he would make 2 deep in first year and could wrestle @ 285lb limit. He could probably play inside at that weight because he is more compact and more athletic than his opposite.

Wrestlers have the ability to lose weight ,seemingly at will. He could probably play FB at 300# and wrestle at 285#. He could wrestle January through NCAAs in 2nd weekend of March, then be ready for Spring FB-a physical and mental challenge to say the least but doable.

Football is a team sport but wrestling is the most intense one on one challenge of any sport-he may need that challenge personally

I hope they allow him to participate in both sports. It is unlikely he would make 2 deep in first year and could wrestle @ 285lb limit. He could probably play inside at that weight because he is more compact and more athletic than his opposite.

Wrestlers have the ability to lose weight ,seemingly at will. He could probably play FB at 300# and wrestle at 285#. He could wrestle January through NCAAs in 2nd weekend of March, then be ready for Spring FB-a physical and mental challenge to say the least but doable.

Football is a team sport but wrestling is the most intense one on one challenge of any sport-he may need that challenge personally

That’s incredibly hard on a young man physically.

Reactions: zeek55
That’s incredibly hard on a young man physically.
Well, he's doing it now in high school and has been very successful, like, you know, ranked number 1 in the nation.

It may be that that at the college level competing in both sports is more demanding, but if he wanted to give it a shot, I thnk he should be the one to make that choice.

Well, he's doing it now in high school and has been very successful, like, you know, ranked number 1 in the nation.

It may be that that at the college level competing in both sports is more demanding, but if he wanted to give it a shot, I thnk he should be the one to make that choice.

B1G football and wrestling is just a touch different than JCA.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT