ADVERTISEMENT

Tyus to the portal

NUCat320

Dec 4, 2005

No long Twitter post as yet. I hope that means he’s ‘exploring options’ but also can return. He presumably does not have his degree yet, which hopefully increases the chances he stays.

Reactions: drewjin
We have a pretty deep RB room but Tyus was in line for the lion’s share of carries. Assuming this means Porter is coming back with Himon and Kaleb (forget his last name) who played in the bowl as RB3.

Fan of 27. GL Tyus… hope he ends up in Michigan. At least we can tackle him if he makes the second level! 😎

I wonder if that means Porter might stay another year?

We have a pretty deep RB room but Tyus was in line for the lion’s share of carries. Assuming this means Porter is coming back with Himon and Kaleb (forget his last name) who played in the bowl as RB3.

Why are so many people acting as if Porter is done? The kid has two years of eligibility left.

• Wow
Reactions: drewjin and DaCat
The trend seems to be that seniors - especially those who actually earned their undergraduate degrees - are looking to sew their wild oats elsewhere. Seems to be happening everywhere, most certainly not just at NU. The new normal.

Not that my opinion matters, but I'm fine with this - if you got your degree, then do whatever you want; I can imagine the itch to try something new one more time, especially if college is the end of the road for you, or if you might have a better shot at going pro by transferring (or if...say, there's a coaching regime change?)

The only Michigan he will probably attract interest from is the directional Michigans, not the B1G ones who have much deeper running back rooms than NU.
Toledo lost Peny Boone to the portal, he is faster than Tre but he is also a tank. Maybe a good fit there - that guy Candle knows how to run an offense.

If one were to draw wildly speculative analyses of the recent transfers from Michigan, they might say these people are soft and can’t stick it out in Chicago away from home. And that Callen Campbell is destined to one day transfer too. These aren’t the first players to transfer from Michigan. Jason Whittaker from Rockford MI transferred less than a year ago. Hell the Michigan transferitis extends to hoops where Detroit native Julian Roper didn’t last either. Some might project that we should just stop recruiting Michigan. Michigan appears to be the Arizona of the North.

• Sad
Reactions: PurpleWhiteBoy
If one were to draw wildly speculative analyses of the recent transfers from Michigan, they might say these people are soft and can’t stick it out in Chicago away from home. And that Callen Campbell is destined to one day transfer too. These aren’t the first players to transfer from Michigan. Jason Whittaker from Rockford MI transferred less than a year ago. Hell the Michigan transferitis extends to hoops where Detroit native Julian Roper didn’t last either. Some might project that we should just stop recruiting Michigan. Michigan appears to be the Arizona of the North.
Re Campbell, transferring to Mich if you are from the UP would be like transferring to NU if you are from Cairo,.ILL.

Wildly speculative = Asinine

The only Michigan he will probably attract interest from is the directional Michigans, not the B1G ones who have much deeper running back rooms than NU.
He could be a stud on any of the Michigan MAC teams. It would be nice if EMU could get him. They need to clean that team up. Several years ago their QB slugged a ref, now some punk attacks member of S Alabama during the award ceremony. I was totally embarrassed to say the least.

• Wow
Reactions: drewjin
I was hoping he'd go to Toledo but he chose Ohio U. Good luck, Trey. Appreciate all you did here
He should thrive at Ohio, plus it is one of the better MAC football programs now, so he should do well! Toledo is the best, but the Bobcats are close behind. He could make a significant impact there. The Cats might be in a bind the next couple seasons because of the Fitz incident and its effect on recruiting and player transfers.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT