ADVERTISEMENT

Uggh.... stupid Peacock

TheC

May 29, 2001
7 Northwestern basketball games are on stupid Peacock this season including 2 of our last 4. Here is the link...

• Sad
Reactions: EagerFan
Disappointed that the EIU game on 11/15 is at 7:00. That’s Friday of homecoming weekend and reunion events are happening that night concurrently with the game. For those of us on a reunion year coming in from out of town it would’ve been nice for the game to be earlier in the day.

Disappointed that the EIU game on 11/15 is at 7:00. That’s Friday of homecoming weekend and reunion events are happening that night concurrently with the game. For those of us on a reunion year coming in from out of town it would’ve been nice for the game to be earlier in the day.
Good news is that the NCAA Tourney isn't on Peacock and so no trouble watching those NU games (if you can find TruTV)

Not surprised you want everything for free!
None of it is free but the combination of having to get multiple packages just to watch is getting ridiculous. Worse is that many of those games are away games. It is not just one group reaching into our pockets, it is multiple. Plus having to make arrangements for yet another. It is abuse of the fans

Didn't Homicide: Life on the Street finally get to streaming on Peacock? I can see spending a few bucks watching that show every night except the nights the Cats are on.

I could maybe get by without it, but geez, the first and last Big Ten games are there? It would be agonizing if I couldn't watch those, especially if the last game turns out to be important.

If a subscriber, when I went to cancel Peacock they offered 6 months at $1.99 per month.
So, join for a month, threaten to cancel, then get 6 months for $12.

OR

Join for a month, actually cancel, then rejoin for the last month of the season, then recancel...

So, join for a month, threaten to cancel, then get 6 months for $12.

OR

Join for a month, actually cancel, then rejoin for the last month of the season, then recancel...
I've joined Peacock for a month on a variety of occasions for a single event or group of events just to cancel immediately afterward. From this schedule, it would require buying for 2 months initially, then cancelling, then doing 1 more month at the end of the conference season. I will try cancelling after the first month though and see if they offer a deal to stay on through the rest of the CBB season!

With only 2 games on B1G+ this year and one of those the Lewis exhibition, I'll probably pass on paying for the Pepperdine game after doing it for 1-2 months for the non-conference slate over the last few years.

You are missing out on Peacock's best sports event-The Six Nations Rugby Tournament. Everybody should enjoy bleeding, concussions and broken limbs. The tournament begins about Feb 1 and extends through March. Ireland will be defending its' championship.

For rugby enthusiasts, Leinster host Munster at Croke Park, Dublin this weekend. It is already sold out with more than 70,000 expected. The Taoiseach gave dispensation for the match to be played at Croke Park, usually reserved exclusively for GAA sports-hurling and Gaelic football. The match can be seen on Flosports-the best bargain for rugby enthusiasts-URC(United Rugby Championship), French Top 14, Pacific Rugby Championship(NZ, Australia, Pacific Islands), Currie Cup(S. Africa), Fall and Summer internationals
Rugby is the most demanding contact sport. It requires fitness, strength, aggression, speed, agility and quality mouthpieces

Aside from the expense, Peacock just absolutely sucks for sports viewing. There is no way to move forward or backward in increments. It is very hard to skip commercials and even halftime. I hate Peacock most of all. Gimme OwlVision even.

I feel proud to immediately remember where I was when I had to watch a game on OwlVision.

You are missing out on Peacock's best sports event-The Six Nations Rugby Tournament. Everybody should enjoy bleeding, concussions and broken limbs. The tournament begins about Feb 1 and extends through March. Ireland will be defending its' championship.

For rugby enthusiasts, Leinster host Munster at Croke Park, Dublin this weekend. It is already sold out with more than 70,000 expected. The Taoiseach gave dispensation for the match to be played at Croke Park, usually reserved exclusively for GAA sports-hurling and Gaelic football. The match can be seen on Flosports-the best bargain for rugby enthusiasts-URC(United Rugby Championship), French Top 14, Pacific Rugby Championship(NZ, Australia, Pacific Islands), Currie Cup(S. Africa), Fall and Summer internationals
Rugby is the most demanding contact sport. It requires fitness, strength, aggression, speed, agility and quality mouthpieces

You've sold it well - I think I will watch this.

Aside from the expense, Peacock just absolutely sucks for sports viewing. There is no way to move forward or backward in increments. It is very hard to skip commercials and even halftime. I hate Peacock most of all. Gimme OwlVision even.
The Olympics coverage on Peacock was awesome. It seems to be getting better, and has lots of things worth watching. (Snl)

Didn't Homicide: Life on the Street finally get to streaming on Peacock? I can see spending a few bucks watching that show every night except the nights the Cats are on.

I could maybe get by without it, but geez, the first and last Big Ten games are there? It would be agonizing if I couldn't watch those, especially if the last game turns out to be important.
Yeah, Homicide is probably only other reason for subscribing. Parks and Rec and the Office are on Comedy Central.

Reactions: SmellyCat
English Premier League on Peacock is the weekend morning wake-me-up that I never knew I needed. EPL and a big coffee mug and a quiet house is a perfect Saturday morning.

My wife claims Peacock is free, but definitely through some overpriced Apple or ATT (or almost certainly Xfinity, h/t @PurpleWhiteBoy) offer. Still, I’d be lost without my (September through May — soccer is crazy!) Peacock Saturday mornings. (International break this weekend tho.)

Last edited:
English Premier League on Peacock is the weekend morning wake-me-up that I never knew I needed. EPL and a big coffee mug and a quiet house is a perfect Saturday morning.

My wife claims Peacock is free, but definitely through some overpriced Apple or ATT offer. Still, I’d be lost without my (September through May — soccer is crazy!) Peacock Saturday mornings. (International break this weekend tho.)
Out here in Chicago suburbs Peacock is "free" as long as you are paying for Xfinity (Comcast) hi speed internet.

From my perspective the two are pretty unrelated, but obviously that Peacock cost is factored into in the internet price.

Reactions: NUCat320

My wife claims Peacock is free, but definitely through some overpriced Apple or ATT offer. Still, I’d be lost without my (September through May — soccer is crazy!) Peacock Saturday mornings. (International break this weekend tho.)
Me too. Although I take advantage of Peacock replays and watch later in the day. The commentators are excellent, particularly Lee Dixon.

I guess the coffee comes in handy when watching EPL.

Reactions: docrugby1

Add Sunday to that equation!

Reactions: NUCat320
I guess the coffee comes in handy when watching EPL.
I grew up in an area where soccer was the primary Fall sport. I enjoyed playing the game and respect the extraordinary skills of the pros but I find the game to be boring. The suspected feigned injuries should be yellow carded and converted to 2 game suspensions after video review.
1. Make the goal bigger
2. Eliminate offsides
3. Allow sideline throw ins or immediate kick ins-a 5 yard throw or a 70 yard kick. Tire the players which will create more space as the game progresses. Any player who skips up the sideline on a throw in should be yellow carded and later castrated

I have been nominated to the FIFA Advisory Board-I will let you know how well my suggestions are received .

I grew up in an area where soccer was the primary Fall sport. I enjoyed playing the game and respect the extraordinary skills of the pros but I find the game to be boring. The suspected feigned injuries should be yellow carded and converted to 2 game suspensions after video review.
1. Make the goal bigger
2. Eliminate offsides
3. Allow sideline throw ins or immediate kick ins-a 5 yard throw or a 70 yard kick. Tire the players which will create more space as the game progresses. Any player who skips up the sideline on a throw in should be yellow carded and later castrated

I have been nominated to the FIFA Advisory Board-I will let you know how well my suggestions are received .
The joy of soccer is the misery. Quintessentially British.

(The rarity of goals means every goal is ohhh sooo fun!)

It’s a game of tactics and skill and creativity but, in the last 20 minutes or so, it becomes a pure endurance battle. You start to see opportunities pile up both because of increased aggressiveness, and also fatigue causing defenders to lose their marks.

@Purple Pile Driver , admitting here that my way in was a (free) Fantasy Premier League entry.

Reactions: Purple Pile Driver
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT