ADVERTISEMENT

University of Michigan students going on lockdown. Athletes can still play..... for now

TheC

May 29, 2001
Season may be in trouble before it even begins. U of M students ordered to stay in place for the next 14 days, but athletes are still allowed to practice and compete. But the ways numbers are starting to explode across the country - especially the upper midwest - I worry that it is going to be difficult. The testing they are doing is great at slowing spread among the team, but it can't stop individual players and coaches from getting it elsewhere. Fingers crossed.......

Reactions: Titanium999
Season may be in trouble before it even begins. U of M students ordered to stay in place for the next 14 days, but athletes are still allowed to practice and compete. But the ways numbers are starting to explode across the country - especially the upper midwest - I worry that it is going to be difficult. The testing they are doing is great at slowing spread among the team, but it can't stop individual players and coaches from getting it elsewhere. Fingers crossed.......
This just goes to prove the money is more important than the health of these young athletes. Can't believe they are planning on playing a game in Madison. Illinois should quarantine all in the Illini traveling party.

Its flu season and the virus is a flu!

I agree. Can't wait to see Bowser and Anderson. Worried about Illinois as we seem to be going in the wrong direction.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT