ADVERTISEMENT

UPDATE: Ta’Quan Roberson was NOT offered by NU

Might be a guy who has talent, but became buried on the depth chart at PSU, then went to a place where he had nothing around him

Probably is better than sully. Hopefully we see sponge bob soon!!

This is NOT true. Roberson told me he was offered, but NU says they have not offered him. Sorry about that.

Reactions: Hungry Jack
Hmmm! Maybe a miscommunication? This is quite odd and not a good look if indeed an offer was made. Not sure why either party would fib on an offer.

Maybe this kid just wanted to go to NU? Not sure why he would make that up
The only two scenarios I can think of is a) NU saying they will offer if he gets through admissions or b) He is trying to drive his NIL money up by telling others there is competition for his services. My guess may be the latter but I read somewhere that NU has targeted their portal QB and is waiting for the school to accept his enrollment (I think it was actually an Oregon article on NU).

The only two scenarios I can think of is a) NU saying they will offer if he gets through admissions or b) He is trying to drive his NIL money up by telling others there is competition for his services. My guess may be the latter but I read somewhere that NU has targeted their portal QB and is waiting for the school to accept his enrollment (I think it was actually an Oregon article on NU).

Do you have a link for the Oregon article. Interesting info if indeed correct.

It's on The Reef
Duck Dive: Northwestern Preview

“we’re both convinced that Northwestern’s staff has already identified the transfer QB they want to lead the offense in 2024. It’s likely that they’re simply waiting for some academic schedule matters to clear up first but have told Sullivan about the new presumptive starter, causing Sullivan to leave immediately while the Spring transfer window was still open.”

“we’re both convinced that Northwestern’s staff has already identified the transfer QB they want to lead the offense in 2024. It’s likely that they’re simply waiting for some academic schedule matters to clear up first but have told Sullivan about the new presumptive starter, causing Sullivan to leave immediately while the Spring transfer window was still open.”

Sure hope they’re correct. Staff is keeping things close to the vest as there hasn’t been even the slightest hint as to whom we might be pursuing. Recruiting under Braun has been more secretive than when Fitz was at the helm.

Reactions: Baz=Heisman

I think these guys are just speculating. I doubt that they have any inside info.

Misunderstandings happen. Kids hear what they want to hear. I doubt it’s anything nefarious on his part.

Reactions: olshin

So… they don’t know anything. At all.

Liked the Duck Dive. Was willing to be more critical of players. One can agree or disagree but it wasn't holding back on a position by position analysis.

So… they don’t know anything. At all.
I did not say they were right. I said there are two scenarios and even though I think he did it to raise his NIL stakes, I read in an Oregon article that NU may have identified its QB and was waiting for admissions.

It is plausible but I did not say it was true. However, the timing of the article to TaQuan’s statement struck in my mind. So I brought it to the attention of the board.

In any case, the article is a good read and no one else has brought up anything lately.

Last edited:
Really surprising how secretive recruiting is with this regime. Definitely need to do something with a quarterback soon from the portal.

Really surprising how secretive recruiting is with this regime. Definitely need to do something with a quarterback soon from the portal.
Doesn’t seem to be much of a sense of urgency. QB is only the most important position on the field.

Really? Do you think they told him “you have no shot so just leave”? I personally would give the coaches a little more credit than you.
If they seriously told him that Lausch jumped him, because there are posters on this very board who said that Lausch jumped him, then that would probably do it.

They could have handled Sullivan better. Hilinski isn't even a solid backup. Should have been honest with Sullivan, but tell him he had a shot at the "title".
I find it ridiculous to say this when Hilinski has played solidly in the SEC at South Carolina against the likes of Alabama and Georgia, not to mention his earlier games at NU. Not exactly sure what happened after that / but I do wonder if it’s the same thing that happened to Hunter Johnson, and if it was more Bajakian and Fitz and our offense than it was the QB, and whether Lujuan might fix him. I’m not saying it’s gonna happen but I do wonder and as far as potentially be a solid back up, I would say he can be that at least, and he has proven the ability to win games probably more so than Sullivan ever did (Hilinski has won more games as a starting P5 QB than Sullivan).

If they seriously told him that Lausch jumped him, because there are posters on this very board who said that Lausch jumped him, then that would probably do it.
Perhaps, but another way to look at it is that if Lausch did jump him, then there really is no reason to lament his departure. Probably addition by subtraction and at least we free up a scholarship for somebody who actually wants to be here and compete.

Perhaps, but another way to look at it is that if Lausch did jump him, then there really is no reason to lament his departure. Probably addition by subtraction and at least we free up a scholarship for somebody who actually wants to be here and compete.
I do not believe for a second that Lausch actually jumped him, but sometimes coaches play mind games and sometimes they get a little too cute with it.

Really? Do you think they told him “you have no shot so just leave”? I personally would give the coaches a little more credit than you.
If they handled it delicately, then it is on Sullivan. Only people that know are the coaches and Sullivan. Shame on Sullivan if he doesn't like a little competition for the starting job. I am no fan of portal guys. Everyone we have landed was a disappointment, with the exception of Ramsey, and he was more like a steady game manager than a gunslinger, which is all what we needed in '20. We need a gunslinger that can take off when need be for '24. No great D to bail anyone out. I wonder if an OSU or OU kid is the target.

If they handled it delicately, then it is on Sullivan. Only people that know are the coaches and Sullivan. Shame on Sullivan if he doesn't like a little competition for the starting job. I am no fan of portal guys. Everyone we have landed was a disappointment, with the exception of Ramsey, and he was more like a steady game manager than a gunslinger, which is all what we needed in '20. We need a gunslinger that can take off when need be for '24. No great D to bail anyone out. I wonder if an OSU or OU kid is the target.
Bryant was hardly a disappointment except that he only had one year of eligibility. We would be feeling pretty good now if he could play.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT