ADVERTISEMENT

Utah Trolls

What a breath of fresh air to go through bowl preparations without an influx of obnoxious fans from the opposition on these boards. Thank God we aren’t playing an SEC team, especially Tennessee.

Have Shakes or ECat been tolling the Utah boards?

Reactions: Noah121
Living in Utah for a little over a year now I can tell you that people here are about as nice as you will find any where. I wear my NU gear everywhere and I get tons of shout outs of "good luck in the game."

Living in PAC 12 country, one thing I have noticed is how generally polite fans are compared to B1G, SEC, ACC and Big 12 fan bases. If you take BART out of Berkeley after a game, fans of the visiting school talk amiably with folks in Cal sweatshirts and you almost never hear trash talk. Prior to Utah and Colorado joining the conference, each team had a clear geographic and in a lot of ways symmetric rival that focused what dislike people have, and distance to all the other locations kind of blunted the growth of animosity, I think. The Arizona teams’ addition was right in line with this.
Everyone pretty much dislikes USC, but outside of that, there just isn’t the degree of hatred that fuels trolling (Droski excepted).

Living in PAC 12 country, one thing I have noticed is how generally polite fans are compared to B1G, SEC, ACC and Big 12 fan bases. If you take BART out of Berkeley after a game, fans of the visiting school talk amiably with folks in Cal sweatshirts and you almost never hear trash talk. Prior to Utah and Colorado joining the conference, each team had a clear geographic and in a lot of ways symmetric rival that focused what dislike people have, and distance to all the other locations kind of blunted the growth of animosity, I think. The Arizona teams’ addition was right in line with this.
Everyone pretty much dislikes USC, but outside of that, there just isn’t the degree of hatred that fuels trolling (Droski excepted).

I feel like this is indicative of the issues facing the Pac-12. Their fans just don't care as much.

While it's great to be gracious and show good sportsmanship, you still want to see passions stirred and emotions riled.

Is that the stuff some people put in their Jack Daniels?
Well, given the option I would. But in Utah it would be exactly one ounce.
Boring.
Funny thing is because the drinks in Utah are so weak and the booze so expensive. I buy more booze when it is on sale and drink more at home before I drive to a restaurant than I ever did when I lived on the Michigan/ Wisconsin border.
Rules and laws don't always have the intended result.

Reactions: NUCat320
I feel like this is indicative of the issues facing the Pac-12. Their fans just don't care as much.

While it's great to be gracious and show good sportsmanship, you still want to see passions stirred and emotions riled.

Yea, but...
Watching November games in a sweatshirt while the sun sets visibly from Memorial Stadium over the Bay is pretty nice! I’ve gotten to see some pretty great players here (Rodgers, Lynch, and Goff for the Golden Bears, Luck for Stanford, Mariota for Oregon, an army of talent from USC). We are pretty relaxed, and it is still fun even without the spittle!

I buy more booze when it is on sale and drink more at home before I drive to a restaurant than I ever did when I lived on the Michigan/ Wisconsin border.
Well, come 2019 the legal limit drops to a US low of 0.05% in UT, so better take Uber after happy hour at the Deering homestead.....

Actually, they just think they are going to kill us and that we're like a service academy.

https://www.utehub.com/forums/topic/know-your-enemy-eye-ball-breakdown-and-i-watched-a-few-nw-games/

This was my favorite quote from that post:

“Worst case scenario this game could look just like our game against NIU. We win, but it’s frustrating because we out athlete them at every position.”

Really? A close win is your WORST CASE scenario? Not even a close loss as a worst case?

This was my favorite quote from that post:

“Worst case scenario this game could look just like our game against NIU. We win, but it’s frustrating because we out athlete them at every position.”

Really? A close win is your WORST CASE scenario? Not even a close loss as a worst case?

What a backwards bunch of fans. Their attitude reminds me of the Io_a fans about 5 or 6 years ago ("just Northwestern"). After we've taken their w on a consistent basis, their attitude towards jNW has changed. In that sense, Io_a is more advanced than Utah, who are behind the times and are in for a rude awakening.

The Mormons I’ve known have been generous to non-Mormons going through hard times without giving it a second thought but, on a lighter note, the difference between Mormons and Presbyterians is: Mormons do not wave to each other in the liquor store.

I worked in Phoenix for 6 years and the many Mormons I met are among the nicest people I've even known. But they won't let me buy them a drink.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT