ADVERTISEMENT

Boo’s draft prospects

NUCat320

Dec 4, 2005
Probably limited, but he’s been busy.

Update: there had been a tweet from NU hoops about Boo having worked out with 16 different teams, but it’s been deleted. 🤷‍♂️

For whatever reason, the NBA has decided to split the draft to two days. The first round starts Wednesday at 8 eastern, and the second round on Thursday at 4.

I’d imagine we’ll see Boo on a Summer League roster. I hope he gets to abuse Bronny once or twice.

Big night Thursday: second round of the draft, then USA in Copa America, and then two weird old men wheeze at each other on CNN.

Last edited:
Probably limited, but he’s been busy.

For whatever reason, the NBA has decided to split the draft to two days. The first round starts Wednesday at 8 eastern, and the second round on Thursday at 4.

I’d imagine we’ll see Boo on a Summer League roster. I hope he gets to abuse Bronny once or twice.

Big night Thursday: second round of the draft, then USA in Copa America, and then two weird old men wheeze at each other on CNN.
Undersized point guards often overperform at the next level. Boo is NU’s best NBA draft prospect since Eschmeyer.

Undersized point guards often overperform at the next level. Boo is NU’s best NBA draft prospect since Eschmeyer.
I love Boo but that’s just not true. Pete Nance (assuming he counts) was actually drafted and is currently on a roster. Pat Spencer played for the Warriors. And Reggie Hearn, Vic Law, and Chase Audige all were better prospects and will do more with the League than Boo.

I love Boo but that’s just not true. Pete Nance (assuming he counts) was actually drafted and is currently on a roster. Pat Spencer played for the Warriors. And Reggie Hearn, Vic Law, and Chase Audige all were better prospects and will do more with the League than Boo.
Pete Nance was not drafted.

Pete Nance was not drafted.
But he was probably *closer* than Boo is considered right now. That said, it only takes one team to like you.

CMT’s comment about undersized point guards is interesting. Boo’s profile is a poor man’s Jalen Brunson profile — all league, not All-American, Sweet 16s, not a championship.

Brunson by all accounts shouldn’t have made it — too old when he was drafted, too small, not enough athleticism. Maybe the Knicks brought him in and see a little Jalen in Boo. Same with the Mavs, who originally drafted Brunson.

The Knicks have two late first-rounders and #38. The Mavs’ only pick is #58, which is the last pick Tuesday.

Reactions: GatoLouco
It’s not the norm but there are a lot of examples of non star PGs who weren’t big. Robinson, Strickland, John Lucas III, Teague, Barea, Arroyo (although a bit bigger than Boo), Boykin, Stoudamire, Jay Williams (he was great pre-injury), J-Will (man there are a lot of guys w this name), Muggsey of course being the extreme.

AI and Curry became superstars but they each had elite tools to compensate for size.

Boo is the reason college basketball needs to survive. I will be shocked if he has an NBA career (I hope I am wrong), but, my lord, he was great to watch at NU. Our Purple GOAT, and just one of those great college players who excelled because of hard work, perseverance, and smarts. The NBA is mostly about freakish athleticism, and the "Boo types" might hang around a bit, but the League just does not have a lot of space for these guys.

But I could not care less. I got more enjoyment out of watching Boo than my secret stash of Salma Hayek bikini pics, and that says a lot.

But he was probably *closer* than Boo is considered right now. That said, it only takes one team to like you.

CMT’s comment about undersized point guards is interesting. Boo’s profile is a poor man’s Jalen Brunson profile — all league, not All-American, Sweet 16s, not a championship.

Brunson by all accounts shouldn’t have made it — too old when he was drafted, too small, not enough athleticism. Maybe the Knicks brought him in and see a little Jalen in Boo. Same with the Mavs, who originally drafted Brunson.

The Knicks have two late first-rounders and #38. The Mavs’ only pick is #58, which is the last pick Tuesday.
Brunson was a consensus first round pick in mock drafts, fwiw.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT