ADVERTISEMENT

UW @ NU Prediction Thread

rmndcat

Gold Member
Sep 5, 2009
Game Day -3 is here. This one is a bit tricky...UW should be favored, but the Cats have done well against themin Evanston over the last several series.

Bucky 23
Willie 27

I am grossly outnumbered in my family (wife, brother, brother's wife) by Badger alums. So here's hoping it doesn't become that kind of weekend.

Reactions: Alaskawildkat
NU 27
UW 24

I'm optimistic; I gave my reasons for why I think Wisconsin is beatable in the other thread, but we need a clean, good game out of CT and our OL (like Michigan and Michigan State games).

'Cats won't overlook UW with ND next weekend
We lost the division to UW last year; no way anybody overlooks this game. This game is all that matters right now to the team/coaches/players. They know the Big Ten title runs through this game.

Can think about ND on Sunday.

Reactions: rmndcat
We lost the division to UW last year; no way anybody overlooks this game. This game is all that matters right now to the team/coaches/players. They know the Big Ten title runs through this game.

Can think about ND on Sunday.

That’s what I said.

One game at a time

I hadn’t
Megan, Duchess of Sussex 35
Agnes Moorehead 0

(Chris Bergin scores on a pick-6 to keep the shutout intact.)
I didn’t know that Mrs. Kane was a Badger.

Also, when do they roll out the ad campaign with-- NU: HRH’s Big Ten Team? (I know Meghan doesn’t rate an HRH, but I still like the sound of it).

Last edited:
Reactions: ubercat
NU 12
WI 11

Luckenbaugh w 4 FGs
WI w TD, FG and Safety. We win due to a blocked extra point. WI safety occurs because we cover the onside kick, but lose so many yards on the first three downs running out the clock that Jake has to run out of our own end zone on the last play

NU 12
WI 11

Luckenbaugh w 4 FGs
WI w TD, FG and Safety. We win due to a blocked extra point. WI safety occurs because we cover the onside kick, but lose so many yards on the first three downs running out the clock that Jake has to run out of our own end zone on the last play
Would be funny to see the comments on this board during a game like that...

Fitz usually has his teams well-prepared for games like this and overperform. If we were a bit healthier, and CT were more consistent, I would predict a Cats win: 24-20. But I think we are so physically depleted right now, even with good preparation and a good game plan, we are going to get worn down: UW 27, NU 14.

Reactions: AtlantaCat
Wisconsin, already very young on defense due to graduations, got dangerously thin due to injuries. Against Michigan the defensive backfield went into the three deep at three of four positions. Some of the injured Wisconsin players will return on Saturday, but at least four defensive starters will be game time decisions and another is out for sure.

https://madison.com/wsj/sports/coll...cle_ffb563fb-d1ae-56bb-934c-91af0b2155e3.html

Given that, and if the weather is decent, this game could get to be very high scoring. Winning team might very well be whoever has the ball last.

Last edited:
NU 12
WI 11

Luckenbaugh w 4 FGs
Watch your plagiarism, Phat -- that's exactly what I was thinking.

All kidding aside, I wish I could share in some of the optimism around here. This would obviously be a FABULOUS game to win, but Wisconsin isn't the class of the division - nor the solid favorite in this game - by accident. We certainly can pull this off, but a lot of things would have to fall into place. Fingers crossed. :rolleyes:

Reactions: LetsGoRed!
59ce7b22b8857.image.jpg

WILLIE 28
BUCKY 31

If Hornibrook plays Cats win by 8.
Should a child, a girl from the band,or any other person play QB, Wisconsin will win by 7.
This should be the best game of the day.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT