ADVERTISEMENT

Very sad news to share…

I know Jerry “fronted” a lot of money for ticket blocks at Duke and minimums at his Purple Parties. I can assure you If any of you stiffed Jerry, by “no showing”, you will be greeted at the Pearly Gates, not only by St. Peter, but by Jerry. He was special in every Cat way

I don’t believe in God, but I’m pretty sure He owes Jerry a few drinks.

I sometimes forget that I am logged in under my son's account so you may not realize, if I hit the like button, that it is from his sister, Carole. The outpouring of comments are much appreciated and warm my heart. I have continued to check this board for comments and stories and I am copying them and putting them in a note for safekeeping. Many of the earlier comments were even mentioned in his eulogy. I am so proud knowing how many people loved him and what he did. I knew about the message board and I heard him speak of it plenty but seeing the comments now for myself is amazing. I only wish that I had been able to read all these things about him and know how much he was loved before something tragic had to happen. I guess even celebrities have it happen that way. The pictures have been great also. You all have shared some great ones. I have saved them, labeled them and tried to put the correct dates on them. I myself had not seen him in a couple of years because of Covid. He had always spent Thanksgiving at my house in Louisville, Kentucky up until covid and it will not be the same without him there. I to will have a drink in his honor as I pull for Northwestern to win the game. I am visiting my son who graduated from Kellogg so he is also a northwestern alum. Luckily purple is my favorite color anyway. I will proudly wear my northwestern T-shirt that he gave me. It still doesn't seem possible that he is gone. In someways I can fool myself since he lived in Florida and I live in Kentucky but you on this message board had more constant contact with him and I know he will be leaving a giant void. Thanks again for sharing so much. It is a great contribution to me and my family. Carole

I'm not sure if I got my other entry where it is visible to all of you so I'm doing it again here. I am not as skilled as my brother was in using this message board.

I sometimes forget that I am logged in under my son's account so you may not realize, if I hit the like button, that it is from his sister, Carole. The outpouring of comments are much appreciated and warm my heart. I have continued to check this board for comments and stories and I am copying them and putting them in a note for safekeeping. Many of the earlier comments were even mentioned in his eulogy. I am so proud knowing how many people loved him and what he did. I knew about the message board and I heard him speak of it plenty but seeing the comments now for myself is amazing. I only wish that I had been able to read all these things about him and know how much he was loved before something tragic had to happen. I guess even celebrities have it happen that way. The pictures have been great also. You all have shared some great ones. I have saved them, labeled them and tried to put the correct dates on them. I myself had not seen him in a couple of years because of Covid. He had always spent Thanksgiving at my house in Louisville, Kentucky up until covid and it will not be the same without him there. I to will have a drink in his honor as I pull for Northwestern to win the game. I am visiting my son who graduated from Kellogg so he is also a northwestern alum. Luckily purple is my favorite color anyway. I will proudly wear my northwestern T-shirt that he gave me. It still doesn't seem possible that he is gone. In someways I can fool myself since he lived in Florida and I live in Kentucky but you on this message board had more constant contact with him and I know he will be leaving a giant void. Thanks again for sharing so much. It is a great contribution to me and my family. Carole

Reactions: Alan Smithee
It’s with a heavy heart that I share that our beloved friend and devoted Wildcat fan Jerry Epstein (aka @FloridAlum) has passed away. I’m in a bit of shock right now but I wanted to get the word out to the Wildcat Report faithful as soon as possible. Jerry bled Purple as we were truly his family over the past few years. Nothing brought a smile to his face as much as talking about Northwestern athletics. Jerry had a heart of gold; he would literally give you the shirt off his back. His Purple Parties were legendary and will be remembered by so many here. Jerry took such joy in connecting Wildcat fans from all across the country. I know he will be looking down upon the Cats next Saturday and into eternity. Godspeed @FloridAlum You will be missed. May he R.I.P. 🙏
Just saw this. Had no idea. Very sad to hear

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT