ADVERTISEMENT

Wake Forest asst coaches punch may have killed a 37 year old man

I found this comment depressing:

"One murder, and NY has arrested the guy already. 11 murders in Chicago this weekend...no arrests."
Heard a stat that only one out of 20 murders in Chicago is ever solved ans they don't even have a suspect in something like 83%

Well, at least he wasn't playing The Knockout Game.

This reminds me of a similar story involving Mayor Daley's nephew, Richard Venecko, many years ago. Eventually he was charged, convicted, and got....60 days house arrest.

Sandor Szabo is about as Hungarian as a name can get.

Heard a stat that only one out of 20 murders in Chicago is ever solved ans they don't even have a suspect in something like 83%

No, the stat was that about 17 percent had been cleared (which leaves 83 percent). So closer it's closer to one in five that have been solved rather than one in 20 — a big difference although still depressing. Many of them are gang murders, which are difficult to solve since many witnesses will not come forward due to fear of the gangs and gang members themselves have a code of not "snitching" to police.

I'm amused by one comment that "hitting a drunk is like hitting a woman." Depends on the person and how drunk he is. I've witnessed a 250-pound guy who was clearly intoxicated deck three guys in a bar one evening, knocking two of them out cold.

I'm amused by one comment that "hitting a drunk is like hitting a woman." Depends on the person and how drunk he is. I've witnessed a 250-pound guy who was clearly intoxicated deck three guys in a bar one evening, knocking two of them out cold.

I remember that bar.

No, the stat was that about 17 percent had been cleared (which leaves 83 percent). So closer it's closer to one in five that have been solved rather than one in 20 — a big difference although still depressing. Many of them are gang murders, which are difficult to solve since many witnesses will not come forward due to fear of the gangs and gang members themselves have a code of not "snitching" to police.
I had heard one in 20 murders but perhaps it was supposed to be 1 in 20 shootings

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/...o-violence-clearance-rate-20180807-story.html

You cannot go around punching someone unless you are really threatened. The consequences are real and serious injury happens all too frequently. No manhood to defend here. I don't know the facts but if all that happened is that he felt that he had been insulted or "disrespected" by someone punching his car, I hope they throw the book at him. Same crap happens with guns and knives. I say no mercy.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT