ADVERTISEMENT

Watch Party in Iowa

sully_cadet

Jul 3, 2016
Trying to set up a watch party for those in Cedar Rapids, Iowa area.

We did not go to Northwestern but are fans of Fitz's teams.

We will provide food and beverage.

If interested send a private message.

We will start with the Western Michigan game on September 3rd.

Hope to see other Purple fans in this sea of Black and Gold Hawkeye lunatics.

P.S. If it matters we aligned with the Carmody side of the Basketball firing.

Reactions: rmndcat
Out of curiosity and appreciation for fellow NU fans in an unexpected area, hiw many are usually in your watch party? Do you do it in a private home?

Out of curiosity and appreciation for fellow NU fans in an unexpected area, hiw many are usually in your watch party? Do you do it in a private home?

I never knew CR had the high rise apartments necessary for getting above the stink of pigs and their bedfellows, unwashed Iowa fans. Do you have to toss cases of Pabst Blue Ribbon and McCormick liquor down to hold them off and keep them distracted and disabled.

I never knew CR had the high rise apartments necessary for getting above the stink of pigs and their bedfellows, unwashed Iowa fans. Do you have to toss cases of Pabst Blue Ribbon and McCormick liquor down to hold them off and keep them distracted and disabled.
You don't like Iowa much do ya, Glades.

You don't like Iowa much do ya, Glades.

Actually, I like Iowa. It's a pretty state with really friendly people, and I like Coach Ferentz. Plus, they gave me free beers just because I've met Chuck Long (when he was a 15 years old) and I played and later coached at his high school when he was there. Chuck Long is a huge superstar in Iowa and my ticket for free Pabst Blue Ribbon:D. Tell that story to someone in Wisconsin and they call you a F.I.B., but buy you a beer anyway because you're on a bicycle.

However, I like to tease Iowa fans even more.

This is an attempt at hosting a viewing. My friend had moderate success with Iowa State cyclone basketball watch parties last years. So I thought I would try my hand at hosting this year. Yes it would be a private residence.

This is an attempt at hosting a viewing. My friend had moderate success with Iowa State cyclone basketball watch parties last years. So I thought I would try my hand at hosting this year. Yes it would be a private residence.
so, Sully, I thought you might enjoy this story. At the height of our Ioa days, I lived in CR and had a nice, large purple N flag that I would fly from my house the day of the game. I'll never forget one day that Iowa barely beat UNI, and meantime NU had won their game. Some guy is walking through the neighborhood and said something like "tough game today", thinking it was purple and had an "N" so it must be "Northern Iowa".

Anyway, later that year, I had the flag out, and had to travel for a couple of weeks, including the period of time when Wootton crumbled Stanzi and Ioa's hopes for glory. As you can imagine, when I finally returned a few days later, people now knew, to quote my neighbor, what "that f**king flag" represented.

Time to re-ask. Anyone interested in attending a watch party in Cedar Rapids, Iowa. I have had no commits.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT