ADVERTISEMENT

We are outclassed... but Fitz' anger justified...and jeez the irony now HJ can redshirt

wildcatcoaster

Oct 27, 2003
That looked like Charles Martin slamming Jim McMahon. And no call. And every discretionary call going Indiana's way. Reffing atrocious. But not protecting a QB who is body slammed post-whistle.

The sick irony here is now maybe HJ truly can redshirt, poor guy.

That looked like Charles Martin slamming Jim McMahon. And no call. And every discretionary call going Indiana's way. Reffing atrocious. But not protecting a QB who is body slammed post-whistle.

He already redshirted last year.

Unless it’s changed, medical redshirt requires all games to be in the first half of the year. This is game seven.

HJ can’t redshirt, as he already did so in 2018.

Although his last game played before Indiana was Wisconsin I believe NU could’ve sought a waiver due to his family situation earlier, but perhaps not.

HJ can’t redshirt, as he already did in 2018

A player can take both a standard and a medical redshirt, although in Hunter’s case (assuming injury was season ending for the sake of argument), GCG is correct in pointing out that said injury would need to have occurred earlier in the season to qualify.

A player can take both a standard and a medical redshirt, although in Hunter’s case (assuming injury was season ending for the sake of argument), GCG is correct in pointing out that said injury would need to have occurred earlier in the season to qualify.

They could’ve petitioned for a hardship waiver is what I was getting at

Agreed! Get him a redshirt

Is Hunter really solution at quarterback? Maybe he just doesn't have the ability to quickly read defenses which is Paramount to be a good quarterback ... maybe we need to look at the transfer portal again and get someone who might not have quite the arm but knows how to read defenses and make decisions. That is something you may not be able to teach Hunter.

Dabo saw something our coaches can’t. I say next year we retool. HJ if he doesn’t progress he should be a number 2 or 3. Graduate the kid and maintain the APR and GSR of our recruits. Reboot and groom Aidan Atkinson and recruit another QB for the future.

Last edited:
I don’t believe Hunter is the issue, the issue goes deeper and is in the Press-Box and on Sidelines
I have to believe this is true. Dabo saw enough to give him playing time his frosh year. Why would he waste snaps, even in garbage time, on a kid he thought was not good enough to contribute at Clemson? Instead he is somehow the worst bust of a QB in NU history by performance vs recruiting ranking. Doesn’t make sense unless the system is a big part of the problem.

I have to believe this is true. Dabo saw enough to give him playing time his frosh year. Why would he waste snaps, even in garbage time, on a kid he thought was not good enough to contribute at Clemson? Instead he is somehow the worst bust of a QB in NU history by performance vs recruiting ranking. Doesn’t make sense unless the system is a big part of the problem.
There are tons of OCs and potential OCs out there that would be licking their chops to be able to coach Hunter.

We currently do not have a viable TE and our Receivers missing number one are just not effective. I see it improving but for this year..... We also do not have an effective OL and our RBs have not been healthy. Again I see much of this improving next year but this year seems like lost cause. Hard for anyone to perform well in this perfect storm.

Reactions: FeralFelidae
We currently do not have a viable TE and our Receivers missing number one are just not effective. I see it improving but for this year..... We also do not have an effective OL and our RBs have not been healthy. Again I see much of this improving next year but this year seems like lost cause. Hard for anyone to perform well in this perfect storm.
Ridiculous. Watch the film. The oline does enough for plays to be made. To have the worst offense in college football and no touchdowns in a month is almost impossible to do as a coach.

Reactions: drewjin
Maybe lack of proper coaching , as well.

The o-line is fine. Not dominant, but not 130th in the nation.

The offense is 130th in the nation because the most creative thing NU does is line up McGowan in the backfield, like, 3 times a game.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT