ADVERTISEMENT

We could actually win on Saturday

Jonny2TheP

Gold Member
Dec 11, 2007
Des Moines, IA
I know, I know, we all are aware of how terrible this season has been, but there is a real formula to winning this weekend. It’s not fun, but it’s the path to victory.

- Have a very conservative game plan. A lot of runs and easy passes on offense. On defense, play a lot of base coverages that ensure no missed assignments or easy gains because of miscommunication.
- No turnovers. This is always important, but even more so this weekend against a team that relies on special teams and defense to win games. A punt is better than an INT.
- Make Iowa drive the field. No big plays. They have a talented TE room as always, but nothing at QB, WR, or RB and a weak offensive line. Make them sustain long drives.
- Get a few early stops. Their offense has been so terrible this year that if you get a few early stops with no points, it’s going to be “here we go again” in their minds.

We’re bad, but Iowa is a mess right now too. Their offense is significantly worse than ours (admittedly, their defense is way better), so don’t beat yourself, make them beat us.

This is not a “we’re gonna win” prediction, but this is a very winnable game. Take care of the ball, play smart, and we’ve got a real shot.

Pardon me for having some hope.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.