ADVERTISEMENT

We should be 3-0… but

Baz=Heisman

Feb 11, 2023
Would Braun have made the switch to Lausch, which could bring us a higher upside, without the tough L to Duke? Braun is not the meatball Fitz was so perhaps but my hunch says he wouldn’t have. With the Lausch we saw in the second half we have a higher ceiling than anything Wright gave us.

Do you mean if Lausch was the starter vs Duke? Maybe. But if he went in after Wright was pulled, say after halftime, then it’s likely Lausch would have performed like he did in the first half of EIU.

I do wonder if we’d put Lausch in on the infamous 3rd and 1 in 2 OT and then handed off to Porter instead, that may have worked as they’d probably be expecting a Lausch Wildcat run.

Unless Wright was injured going into the Duke game he was going to be our starter. He made just enough plays against MOH. However even if we would have pulled that game out against Duke I think we would have seen a change at QB. Wright's tentative play his turnovers he had two for sure and if you want to blame Bailey on the snap near midfield against MOH you can and his decision making gave Braun and Lujan concern that it was time to see what Lausch could do.

Would Braun have made the switch to Lausch, which could bring us a higher upside, without the tough L to Duke? Braun is not the meatball Fitz was so perhaps but my hunch says he wouldn’t have. With the Lausch we saw in the second half we have a higher ceiling than anything Wright gave us.

“Meatball” huh?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT