ADVERTISEMENT

West Virginia going down...

Sheffielder

Gold Member
Sep 1, 2004
Oklahoma State @ WVU was the only P5 game that would have been attractive enough to bump GameDay out of Ann Arbor next Saturday...unless ESPN decides to go nontraditional next weekend, which is definitely possible (if not likely)...I'd say we can expect them to spotlight our teams talkative both posted shutouts against conference opponents today.

Reactions: NUMBfan
If GameDay goes to AA, Fitz is going to work extra hard this week to keep his guys focused. The ups and downs of the Ohio State week two years ago probably left everyone drained. After today's game, the sideline reporter tried to get Fitz to talk about how big next week's game is, but Fitz didn't bite. Said his team just needed to continue to improve.

Problem is it's a BTN game otherwise I'd agree. Plus they might be hoping for a MSU vs mich matchup the following week.

I am confident that BTN will not be a factor.

I am also confident that ESPN would rather hold out for MSU/OSU. 1 vs. 2.

Definitely a chance that GameDay just aborts a P5 destination next week, but we'll be a pair of Top 20 teams coming off of shut outs...NU the best defense since the 1995 season (and as I said a month ago...their narrative about us when we beat Stanford was already laying the groundwork for the story) and Harbaugh saving Michigan...they are two legit story lines and ESPN loves to tell a story.

having a game on their network might actually have been a factor, but we will never know.

Oklahoma State @ WVU was the only P5 game that would have been attractive enough to bump GameDay out of Ann Arbor next Saturday...unless ESPN decides to go nontraditional next weekend, which is definitely possible (if not likely)...I'd say we can expect them to spotlight our teams talkative both posted shutouts against conference opponents today.
I bet they go to SLC for Cal-Utah based on what has been stated above in addition to the fact that the Cal-Utah game is on ESPN.

Edit: They are going to Salt Lake City. Just saw the tweet from the @collegegameday account

No one is interested in Cal-Utah, and ESPN knows it. I am not worried about this game stealing the coverage from NU-UM. Again, I could see them going with a one-off next week, but if they stick with P5, I bet it's in Ann Arbor.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT