ADVERTISEMENT

What a miserable game.

You have to admit, at some point during the game, you felt some Big Ten West nostalgia, didn’t you?

Perhaps when back to back possessions led to blocked field goal attempts?

Absolutely pathetic effort from the O. The defense played hard most of the game. They just got gassed. I think the team was feeling itself too much after being a mediocre Maryland team which to me is a failure by the staff to keep them grounded.

Absolutely pathetic effort from the O. The defense played hard most of the game. They just got gassed. I think the team was feeling itself too much after being a mediocre Maryland team which to me is a failure by the staff to keep them grounded.
NU played 3 guys on the interior OL for most of today’s game that had a grand total of 1 start coming into the game. Wisconsin’s DL dominated and won today’s game.

Washington game all over again.
In some ways much better, in some ways far more frustrating. Actually moved the ball some today and couldn’t even SNIFF doing that against Washington. But disastrously bad game management decisions by coaches, horrible linemen penalties, and missed opportunities by Lausch meant they got NOTHING out of their improved effort offensively.

In some ways much better, in some ways far more frustrating. Actually moved the ball some today and couldn’t even SNIFF doing that against Washington. But disastrously bad game management decisions by coaches, horrible linemen penalties, and missed opportunities by Lausch meant they got NOTHING out of their improved effort offensively.
Agreed

Reactions: Rebel II
Lausch was so inaccurate though. Brutal regression after last week’s brilliance.

NU played 3 guys on the interior OL for most of today’s game that had a grand total of 1 start coming into the game. Wisconsin’s DL dominated and won today’s game.

Yes Sir. Birsa and true frog Ezomo Oratokhai (yes I had to look it up) played a lot at guards in place of Thompson and Lovelace. Where's Herzog and Deuce McGuire? And you're telling me Fort Knox couldn't get the job done better than these guys, Mr. O'Boyle??? Stop it.

How the hell long are we going to be wandering in the OL wilderness??? Goodness gracious.

EDIT: We added OL transfers Jack Bailey, Cooper Lovelace and Matt Keeler this spring, none of which were with the team for spring ball, and none of which, lets be honest, had an impressive background as players. And surprise, surprise, that's what we're getting from that group this fall. Yuck. If Mr. Jackson can't help this football program and the admissions office find a way to get transfers to Evanston in JANUARY, and oh yeah, lasso some OL who can actually PLAY.... we're going nowhere.

Last edited:
Reactions: DaCat
I tried watching Oratokhai on a few plays and except for his one false start penalty, did okay. But Lovelace returned to the lineup in the second half.

I tried watching Oratokhai on a few plays and except for his one false start penalty, did okay. But Lovelace returned to the lineup in the second half.
Lovelace had at least two brutal penalties.

I don’t want to overly pick on individual guys and I’m gonna leave any underclassmen who played like in a game like today alone… but a senior interior guy has to be more ready to play.

Lovelace had at least two brutal penalties.

I don’t want to overly pick on individual guys and I’m gonna leave any underclassmen who played like in a game like today alone… but a senior interior guy has to be more ready to play.
There’s a reason Lovelace barely played at USC. Dude stinks. Let’s just call a spade a spade. He should only be a depth guy - not playing most snaps.

There’s a reason Lovelace barely played at USC. Dude stinks. Let’s just call a spade a spade. He should only be a depth guy - not playing most snaps.
To be fair he IS only a depth guy, we are way way way way down the depth chart inside. Maybe Jordan Knox wants to reenroll?

The weather was nice. But if I had know what the outcome was going to be, I would have taken my wife to the MSU homecoming. That MSU QB is starting to get it together. He is going to be dangerous next year.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT