ADVERTISEMENT

What a spectacularly boring WIN AT CAMP RANDALL

NUCat320

Dec 4, 2005
It would have been fun to see 350 yards from Bryant, but it was also fun to be borrrrred because NU was just so much better.

I have no idea where today’s OL play came from, but geez that DL continues to come to play.

Lots of grinders on this roster and kids with pride.

Braun, as reported by the booth today:
“They know where my heart is, and they’ve responded.” I like that.

What a shocking and wonderful victory, and what a joyful season.

The first half was as thrilling play as we have seen since the Barnett Renaissance. The second half was solidly boring, largely because Bajakian seemed overcome by a Fitzball flashback, making the fourth quarter scary--that they might let the Badgers back in the game. Bajakian may be okay if Braun can help him recover from Fitzball offense. I would totally trust Braun on that call.

Last edited:
Reactions: drewjin
The first half was as thrilling play as we have seen since the Barnett Renaissance. The second half was solidly boring, largely because Bajakian seemed overcome by a Fitzball flashback, making the fourth quarter scary--that they might let the Badgers back in the game. Bajakian may be okay if Braun can help him recover from Fitzball offense. I would totally trust Braun on that call.
The second half did get hairy at times. When Wiscy started a couple drives at mid-field due to poor punts, I kept thinking here's when they score a TD to close the gap on us. Just proud of how our D didn't allow a score in the second half until 11 seconds left, even with the great field position Wiscy had for most of the half.

An aside, I was impressed that Camp Randall isn't just named after two rich donors (like Smithee/Ryan) but an actual Civil War camp

It would have been fun to see 350 yards from Bryant, but it was also fun to be borrrrred because NU was just so much better.

I have no idea where today’s OL play came from, but geez that DL continues to come to play.

Lots of grinders on this roster and kids with pride.

Braun, as reported by the booth today:
“They know where my heart is, and they’ve responded.” I like that.

What a shocking and wonderful victory, and what a joyful season.
Reminded me of the Iowa NU game in Iowa City in 2006. It was the game when we knew Fitz was the right choice

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT