Gold Member
Aug 22, 2017
I'd say:
  • Cover the 21 point spread
  • 200+ rushing yards with good YPC
  • Thorson cuts down INTs and sacks that are his fault
  • Defensive pressure: more sacks and TFLs
  • Consistency from special teams

I don't expect to see any radical playcalling on either side of the ball. But if NU can just play fundamentally sound and win this game with their base offense and defense, it will give me some hope that, when busting out the entire playbook, they have a shot at winning in Madison.

I'd say:

I don't expect to see any radical playcalling on either side of the ball. But if NU can just play fundamentally sound and win this game with their base offense and defense, it will give me some hope that, when busting out the entire playbook, they have a shot at winning in Madison.
Sorry, based on what I saw in weeks 1 and 2 there is nothing I could see tonight that will "convince" me NU can win @UW. Is it possible? Yes. But convince me? Nope.

I'd say:

Physicality.

Even if NU thoroughly dominates Bowling Green, that would only convince me that BGSU is horrid.

Anything *can* happen--just ask Baylor--but after today, we're very likely to see five losses in a row.

I suppose the good news is that the last four games all look at this point like they could be winnable, and maybe there will be some marginal improvement by then.

Even if NU thoroughly dominates Bowling Green, that would only convince me that BGSU is horrid.

Anything *can* happen--just ask Baylor--but after today, we're very likely to see five losses in a row.

I suppose the good news is that the last four games all look at this point like they could be winnable, and maybe there will be some marginal improvement by then.
How many times have we lost at least 5 games in a row under Fitz?

How many times have we lost at least 5 games in a row under Fitz?

I don't remember it happening, though I haven't looked it up.

Unfortunately, we have the confluence of a very tough stretch of schedule and a team that arguably hasn't looked this bad since the end of the Rashidi Wheeler season.

I don't remember it happening, though I haven't looked it up.

Unfortunately, we have the confluence of a very tough stretch of schedule and a team that arguably hasn't looked this bad since the end of the Rashidi Wheeler season.
We'll see. Did you write them off after the 0-2 start last year as well?

We'll see. Did you write them off after the 0-2 start last year as well?

Nope. And I'm not this year either. I still see a road to 6-6 (and 7-6) even if a 5-game losing happens. And maybe they don’t lose 5 in a row.

I'd say:

We just saw it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT