ADVERTISEMENT

What happened to Mean Joe?

Turk

May 29, 2001
Blacklisted by Fitz
Big10 sack leader didn't have one tackle and a couple whiffs so I was a bit disappointed. Yea I know people say that the Purdue tackles were studs but our studs need to rise and be difference makers.

Mean Joe's grade for last week: Incomplete

Big10 sack leader didn't have one tackle and a couple whiffs so I was a bit disappointed. Yea I know people say that the Purdue tackles were studs but our studs need to rise and be difference makers.

Purdue tackles were not studs. Purdue schemed our DL out of the game once Blough entered, we were blowing up their OL with Sindelar on the field. All their yardage was coming outside save for one Knox run up the middle.

What game were you watching? Gaziano was disruptive on the edge the whole game.

Haven’t re-watched game, so need to do. But I do wonder if # 1s presence is missed in this year’s pass rush. Although Lancaster seldom got to the passer, didn’t it take sometimes > 1 OLman to keep him in check? ie tough to double team Gaz and the other DE.

Reactions: drewjin
Haven’t re-watched game, so need to do. But I do wonder if # 1s presence is missed in this year’s pass rush. Although Lancaster seldom got to the passer, didn’t it take sometimes > 1 OLman to keep him in check? ie tough to double team Gaz and the other DE.

I saw no detectable difference in the effectiveness of our pass rush against Purdue. They did several things schematically to try to mitigate our pass rush but most of the big plays our defense made were a result of pressure induced bad decisions.

I think Lancaster is missed on runs up middle. However, Gaziano was excellent, but many passes were thrown before he could get to the passer, but the pressure was there.

I saw no detectable difference in the effectiveness of our pass rush against Purdue. They did several things schematically to try to mitigate our pass rush but most of the big plays our defense made were a result of pressure induced bad decisions.

I really liked what I saw out of Kent. He’s a potential star in the making. He and Oxley looked good together.

Reactions: Gladeskat
I felt like there was good pressure on the QB. At least 1 of the interceptions was from direct pressure.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT